• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too late for bonding?

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
My Raff is nearly 7 years old and last year we sadly lost his wife Molly to a bad jaw abscess, since then he been on his own... I wondered if it would be kinder to leave him on his own, or to get a rescue older bun later this year? What do you think? He does chat with my others, but doesnt share a cage with them....

I don't think he is too old, he may live for another 5 or more years yet. If it were me I would definitely consider a partner.

Neil

I hope so!! I know older buns sometimes do stay at rescue longer and I thought in a few months, it be nice to get him a new wife, keep him happy!!:lol: He is neutered and vaccinated so he sorted out!! Right gonna tell him he may get a new bird to share his cage!!!:lol: :lol:

Never too old!! I just bonded my new 8 year old lady in with one of my pairs and it has given her a new lease of life - she is so happy, and I'm so pleased I did it :D

I've got a couple of single bunnies who live next door to each other and seem very happy as neighbours - I think they are OK living alone if there's other rabbits around for company :)

Back