• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Area size ideal for bonding?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I can't remember if I already asked this or if I was just thinking about it so sorry if so (I did do a search!)

What is a good area size for bonding a pair of bunns please??

looking back, we found the smaller the space the better, I say that because if they had plenty of room to run, then one would run and the other would chase and then the fighting would start.

good luck!

xx

well, even in a dog crate mine kicked off. I would start in the car in a pet carrier, then transfer them to a bigger area and see how it goes!.

I do the opposite......I use my largest 6ft run unless its raining. I give them hidey holes but like to think they can get away from each other if need be :D

I would say an average sized run is perfect - maybe about 6 x 3 . . ish!
Room to escape each other but not enough room for total avoidance :lol:

I started bonding two neutered bucks yesterday. We began in the kitchen, then because of cooking moved to a 5 x 4 run and then in the evening a big dog crate :D All seems to be going well :D

I usually use my bathroom which is about 6 x 4, but when I was bonding two outside I used five of the run panels - no idea what area that is tho :oops: but they're the ones linked to the RR site :D (maybe make that were linked to the RR site :? :rolleyes: )

I have just split my bedroom in half with run pannels :D Its not a huge room or anything and I can just lay in bed and supervise them ;)

ooo hows things going hun?, been thinking about ya after getting your emails this morning:wave:

:wave: They are just sitting in a basket together at the moment not doing anything :lol: Im going to put them up in my room in about 15 minutes, I just went to about 6 shops looking for run pannels :lol:

:wave: They are just sitting in a basket together at the moment not doing anything :lol: Im going to put them up in my room in about 15 minutes, I just went to about 6 shops looking for run pannels :lol:

hey sounding good then hun!!!!. You gonna leave them together over night?

xx

Yeh im off work tomorrow so im going to just stay up and watch movies and keep an eye on them :lol: They are together now until they fall in love :lol:

Yeh im off work tomorrow so im going to just stay up and watch movies and keep an eye on them :lol: They are together now until they fall in love :lol:

YAY so pleased, dont forget some piccies of the two cuties. Did Kelvin enjoy his cheese and crackers!!!!!!:lol:

YAY so pleased, dont forget some piccies of the two cuties. Did Kelvin enjoy his cheese and crackers!!!!!!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He was like whats this :? I said thats your dinner and he kind of went oh ok then :lol: Then he asked what the rats were having and gave a kind of they have a nicer dinner than me again look but didnt say anything :roll: :lol: He ate them though :D

I will get loads of pics of them hun ;) xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: He was like whats this :? I said thats your dinner and he kind of went oh ok then :lol: Then he asked what the rats were having and gave a kind of they have a nicer dinner than me again look but didnt say anything :roll: :lol: He ate them though :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: poor kelvin:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Mandy. Have we seen a pic of your new bun yet?

I found my kitchen seemed to be quit ideal. There was a lot of chasing but becasue it was on lino it was all in slow mo and it meant they got tired quickly. Its quite small too if you are of the opinion that small is best. You are welcome to use it :D

Back