• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone elses other halves....

..Complain about the bunnies but arrive home from work armed with gifts for them?
Tracy

You've got to be kidding!!
He only goes anywhere near them out of necessity.:shock:

In fact, he says I spend more time with them than I do him - he's just jealous. They don't give aggro like he does.:lol:

Last edited:
no my hubby Glenn's not keen at all and thinks they are a pointless pet, but saying that when Esmee died last week he was quite sad about it and when I said I was going to a rescue today to look for another one he seemed to show an interest !!

I think it because there not really traditionally seen as a 'manly' pet so they are embarrassed but secretly they like them !!

well my hubby bob is more positive and interested since we have got moses. moses is much mroe cuddlely than mady so that might be why. but he knows how important they are to me and did let me get moses after we moved into a house - but if it was up to him i don't think we would have them. he said that they are cute but its alot of time, money and work, and rabbits don't give much back.

..Complain about the bunnies but arrive home from work armed with gifts for them?
Tracy

oh yes, he'll say "i don't like that rabbit", "i never wanted him to stay", then i'd catch him gone midnight out in the kitchen, sharing his apple with him, giving him fresh water bottles and having a little lads chat :D

i think he really absolutely adores him!

well my hubby bob is more positive and interested since we have got moses. moses is much mroe cuddlely than mady so that might be why. but he knows how important they are to me and did let me get moses after we moved into a house - but if it was up to him i don't think we would have them. he said that they are cute but its alot of time, money and work, and rabbits don't give much back.

i think we get alot back from our rabbit. he is always snuggled up to one of us every evening whilst we're watching tv :)

He doesnt complain about them, but does come back with wooden logs and things... and i catch him giving Opal a cuddle (his favourite). :lol: :lol:

Well I don't know about my other half (as I only have a bf). But I know when we were young my dad always used to object to us getting another rabbit, but then when it arrived he always used to go to work via the back door so that he would check on them... bless!!!

He doesn't complain about them as such but doesn't really bother with them, but funny how the treats are always moved when I go in the garage and I've caught him a few times feeding them treats :lol: :lol: :lol:

He did actually look after them the last time I was away with work for 3 days and seemed to enjoy it!

Erm, NO!

He only liked Sh*tty, and now Winston.

The outdoor buns get called b*stard, satan, beast....and any other insulting name you can think of :shock:

Having said that, the rabbits prefer him to me, cos I'm the evil one who gives them medicine and checks their bums :evil:

hubby 2be would prefer a dog, but we're not allowed in a rented house, plus i'm allergic. although he wouldn't admit to being bothered about buns, he goesall soppy when we go to p@h and now we've got permission from the landlord he's openly excited and has promised to bring cardboard tubes home from work.

My boyfriend bought me Charlie because I was really missing having a pet and so was he and having a rabbit was the only suitable animal we could have in our apartment. He loves him to bits and fusses over him. Laughs when he does naughty things like pinching his treat box and tipping them out, he still only has three at a time or taking the top off the blueberries and stealing apple off our plates. Comments on how great he is but still won't let me get him a girlfriend, I'm contemplating just getting one when we've got a new big hutch that will be big enough for two, its my house too and I look after them! :cry:

Charlie prefers the boyfriend to me because I'm the one who takes him to the vets, gives him a bath when he's got himself into a state and clips his claws, BUT I'm also the one who cleans him out, feeds and waters him gives him loads of attention, toys and treats.

Last edited:
I don't have one but my rents NEVER WANTED A BUNNY yet I catch them in the bedroom all the time and yesterday mum brought him home some treats for being a good boy while I have been poorly. He also weed on the carpet but apparently it wasn't his fault :lol: The spoil him rotten and are giving him all the extra attention that I cannot.

Mine does. When we first got him, my other half was always saying " he is your rabbit you deal with him" but he comes home with gifts for all the animals. Plenty of times I have caught him chatting away to the bunny, stroking him etc. he loves him just as much but likes to keep it private.

My dad

My dad says to me ' lets feed Mopsy up - that way she will be ready for christmas' and jokes like that which I tell him off for :no: :no: :no: :no: but then he must like her a little bit cos then he goes out to her gets her out and says 'you are so beautiful yea you are ' Mopsy just stares at him like she knows what he says behind her back =] i say you love her really then he puts her straight back in the run and says well they don't show any affection do they? =[:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: breath just breath =]

Nikolas absoultly adores the rabbits. He said before we got them, that he didn't like pets but would let me have them as ive always had pets and i wanted to care for something other than him lol.
hes always taking me to buy them presents, and he even had the idea of the shed conversion and the plans. they are taking over our lives and its amazing xxx

Nope. Mine LOVE the bunnies, he is always out at them, stroking them, giving them cuddles, nose rubs etc :lol:... He is actually worse than me!!!... When i was getting the two rabbits the other day he phoned me all excited from work asking if i had got them.. Then i had to go email him pictures to his work!!! :lol:.
And last night i made their food up and put it in their bowl next min hes away down to the rabbits with the bowls of food ...hmmm...maybe mine is just weird :lol: xx

Back