• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A plea to all

Ozzy'sMummy

Alpha Buck
I know most of you (practically all) vaccinate your buns against Myxi (and VHD) but from me today I'm making a plea to any who hasn't (if the bun is well enough) to do so.

I took Ozzy for his check up tonight and in the waiting room was another bunny with really runny gunky eyes that had come on during the day. I said that it was probably just some hay in it's eye which had got infected (whilst secretly thinking otherwise). She went in and 15minutes later the nurse came out of the back (not from where the bun was) and said it had got Myxi and could I bring Ozzy back. I asked if the bun was ok but it was being put to sleep :(. I realised Ozzy had a slightly runny eye though so the nurse took him through with me (i scrubbed my hands) and she put drops in his eyes and Lynne (my vet) did a visual examination and she thinks he's fine but has given me drops.

Ozzy had his Myxi two weeks ago and thank goodness he did otherwise things could have been so much worse :(. The first time he has been healthy enough for it and it's the time he so needed it.

My thoughts tonight are with that woman though, she was telling me about all the bunnies she has rescued in the past and was so happy, but then she ran out with the empty carrier and it was just heartbreaking :(.

XxXx

I know most of you (practically all) vaccinate your buns against Myxi (and VHD) but from me today I'm making a plea to any who hasn't (if the bun is well enough) to do so.

I took Ozzy for his check up tonight and in the waiting room was another bunny with really runny gunky eyes that had come on during the day. I said that it was probably just some hay in it's eye which had got infected (whilst secretly thinking otherwise). She went in and 15minutes later the nurse came out of the back (not from where the bun was) and said it had got Myxi and could I bring Ozzy back. I asked if the bun was ok but it was being put to sleep :(. I realised Ozzy had a slightly runny eye though so the nurse took him through with me (i scrubbed my hands) and she put drops in his eyes and Lynne (my vet) did a visual examination and she thinks he's fine but has given me drops.

Ozzy had his Myxi two weeks ago and thank goodness he did otherwise things could have been so much worse :(. The first time he has been healthy enough for it and it's the time he so needed it.

My thoughts tonight are with that woman though, she was telling me about all the bunnies she has rescued in the past and was so happy, but then she ran out with the empty carrier and it was just heartbreaking :(.

XxXx

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Poor bunny.:cry: Myxi is SUCH a cruel, horrific, ugly disease.....and I won't EVEN get onto my soapbox like I usually am raving about the fact that it was man-made and intentionally released. It makes my blood BOIL. :censored: :evil: :evil:

Binky free, poor little bun bun. XXX :cry: :cry:

Poor bunny. I hope your lovely Ozzy will be okay - sounds like he is safe as they did everything there and then. xxxxx

Aw, poor bunny and how awful for the poor woman too :cry:

Thanks for highlighting this. I'm sure Ozzy will be fine - he's gorgeous x

So awful. :( There is nothing worse than going to the vets with an animal that you think has something minor, then finding out that they are seriously ill, so I feel very bad for that poor woman. :( For me, I have to get to grips with the idea - doesn't make it easier, but less of a shock.

Back