• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which Toys and Treats?

angel_night

Mama Doe
I'd like to get my rabbits some new toys and treats.

The problem is, both have never seemed overly interested in the toys I've bought them. I wonder if more natural toys would be mroe appealing to them? Or does anyone else have any ideas? I've tried all the home made ones, like loo rolls filled with hay, newspapers etc etc, but never to much avail lol.

Treats. they love their hay and food, but apart from dried sweetcorn on the cob, they don't seem very interested in these either. I'd like to spoil them, but they don't seem to want it. Maybe I'm just buying the wrong things? I'm wondering if they'd go more for the more natural treats? I haven't tried those yet.

I'm getting a tunnel for them when I come back off holiday, but I'm struggling to find one. My Pets @ Home doesn't do them :? . Can you get them online?

Thanks. :D

Ruth xx

A treat ball! They're great, particularly if they love their pellets. My bunnies don't have food bowls, I just pop their pellets in a treat ball and it occupies them for ages :)

Tamsin

You always come to the rescue with my questions Tamsin! :D

I did think about a treatball, so I'll try one of those.

On one of the other posts (wish I'd read it before posting this lol), it was saying about pinatas. They sound good too, so I'll try a couple of those too.

Thank you!

Ruth xx

Ruth, as you are just down the road from us why not pop up here to cwmbran and you can see what most of the items look like and save on postage

Mine find digging in hay a great way to pass the time, but they also like branch bites - I think they are gooseberry wood, but you can also give them chunky, clean apple tree twigs which they love :)

I have a ball which they never used to play with, and then all of a suddenthey love it.

they have most fun knawing on a roll and chew toy, which is actually quite heavy.

xxx

Mine have jingle balls and hay rolls (hay stuffed into toilet roll tubes!!) plus cardboard boxes, luckily they shred them rather than swallow them, plus willow balls!!:)

Wow, I never knew bunnybasics was in Cwmbran! Certainly checking that out when I get backoff holiday next Saturday lol.

Thanks for all the ideas :D . We have willow trees and apple trees, and they like to chew and eat those now and again, so a willoe ball would probably be good for them, or something similar :) .

Thanks for all the ideas!

Ruth xx

MIne love anything to chew and destroy:shock: So willow baskets, balls, twigs, and they adore sitting in abox of hay.

Mine have a tray with hay in it too, and Cally absolutely adores it! She is always sat in it, munching away :roll: .

I think the willow balls would be a good place to start. They had a jingle ball before, and that seems to be the only toy so far that they have showed any interest in, so a willow one would suit them I think.

Ruth xx

Yeah, willow balls are very popular with my two. P&H sell them, as will most pet shops. But you might need to get quite a few as mine go through them quickly!!

i've said it before and i'll say it again - an ikea pillow/cushion, they're about 70p and mady LOVES them. moses likes them too, for sitting on, laying on, digging at.plus once they get messy for 70p you can throw it away and just buy a new one ! best 70p i've spent !

i've said it before and i'll say it again - an ikea pillow/cushion, they're about 70p and mady LOVES them. moses likes them too, for sitting on, laying on, digging at.plus once they get messy for 70p you can throw it away and just buy a new one ! best 70p i've spent !

i wish i'd thought of that, instead preston has chewed holes in most of our cushions and my special paul frank one. he loves scrabbling/digging at them... do you know why this is? oh, and blankets too... i bought him his own blanket which he does this strange thing of scrunching it up underneath him with his front legs then kicking it back out behind him with his back legs, any suggestions?

otherwise he loves the twig balls and a twig ring we got once and rabbit rattles, he loves them

A treat ball! They're great, particularly if they love their pellets. My bunnies don't have food bowls, I just pop their pellets in a treat ball and it occupies them for ages :)

Tamsin

Charlie isn't bright enough to work these out he just picks the whole ball up in his mouth and runs off with it.

Back