• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Buns runs

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone had a run from Mr Buns? I'm thinking of getting the 8ft by 4ft foldable run, the only thing that concerns me is it looks like its covered in chicken wire and i'd have to replace it with something stronger. Are they any good?

If you'd going to replace the wire it'd probably be cheaper to get something else anyway? Strong wire isn't that cheap to buy :?

Has anyone had a run from Mr Buns? I'm thinking of getting the 8ft by 4ft foldable run, the only thing that concerns me is it looks like its covered in chicken wire and i'd have to replace it with something stronger. Are they any good?

For a minute there I thought this thread was going to be about a Bun called 'Mr Buns' who has a poorly tummy............

Sorry, I'm leaving now.........:oops:

Janex

They are a good size, but biggest I have seen to buy.

It does indeed look like the chicken wire product, but for the "cat cage" it says and looks like welded mesh. Would it be worth asking them if they could quote for the run you want being made from the weld. If they indeed make it them in their own workshop like they say and if they are a good company then I'm sure they could be accomodating - after all if they are making other products using it then they will have to materials to use?

Just an idea? What the quality like (other than the mesh)? It's a bit difficult to tell from the photos.

Han

I got my first run from him and it was chicken wire, so I got another one, but if you ring him and ask him to do it with fox proof mesh I'm sure he will. He made my hutch and I've been delighted with it. That first run was very well made(apart from the mesh) and I still use it as a spare, but only if I'm in the garden in case of lurking foxes:lol:

I have the run Spacegirl linked to on Ebay.

I don't think the firm selling them actually makes them (I might be wrong though)

Its not terribly well made, but its lightweight and easy to move around the garden. The hinges are pretty cr*ppy, and mine have rusted after only a couple of months. The joints aren't very good either, and some of the scr*ws supplied weren't the right length. Also, there are no latches on the doors, so you'd need to fit them yourself.

Back