• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many bunnys....

i have quite a few germans , im very smitten with the breed , currently they are in groups, but i wondered if i neutered both the other male (i have 2, one is already snipped) & speyed the females ( 6) do you think they could live in a big play house with a run ??
ive only ever bonded small groups before (up to 4) would this be possible ? it would them mean my other 6 bunnys could have the larger hutches & runs i currentlt use for the germans ! so they would all be happy !!
ohh one of my german does has a neutered standard lop as a boy friend , would they mic in a big group do you think ? obviuosly over time ect......
cud it work ? :?

:shock: oooh that sounds ambitious to someone like me who can't even bond 2 rabbits. You wouldn't need to spay the females for them to bond, and spaying might well break the bond they all have with each other, which is why my group of 4 girsl isn't spayed - But obviously to bond in a boy you'd have to neuter him and leave 8 weeks for his sperm count to go down.

However, I tried to bond a boy in with my group of 5 girls and 3 of them really went for him, so I have no idea how to bond such a large group safely. And of course if your 2 boys are already bonded to each other, they will miss each other if you split them to bond with the girls :?

I think it could work possibly, if they're all neutered.

I don't have any experience of bonding large groups but the agricultural college I used to work at had a group of about 9/10 rabbits that all lived together in a lage outdoor enclosure. They got along fine and were all different breeds too.

ive only ever kept trio's , not a huge hurry just would really like to give them a nice large area rather than hutches and runs, looked at a few of your sets ups and wondered if the larger ammount germans n one lop cud go together ?
my other 4 pairs cud have the bigger hutches then :roll:
a lot of work but i think they wud all be happy & thats my main concern :wave:

Back