• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

young female rabbit!

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
I have a 5 month old lop doe, called Pixie Boo!! A pretty little thing... but oh it belies her naughtiness!!:shock: No matter what exercise she has or how many toys, she destroys her cage!! Everything is tipped upside down and the tiny amount of paper I use at the bottom so easier to pick up and throw away, is pulled to the top and shredded!!:roll: :roll: Is this cos she still a baby or because she needs to be speyed or because she is simply a minx?:lol: :lol:

Buster is exactly the same in his cage but that's his space and he pees in his litter tray so the rest is easy clean. I really think it is their right to trash there bedrooms if they want to.:D

When my dwarf lop reached about 5/6 months she changed, and started being very naughty. She has been spayed and has calmed down alot. Still naughty but not as bad. I would recommend getting her done for health reasons as well.

P.s She's lovely! :wave:

She going in end of August... when I on holiday, so I can panic all morning!!!:roll: Then give her loads of attention post op!! :lol: :lol:

Oh yea, don't I just, cos when I go in the rabbit room, she stops and gives me that look...:roll: :roll: "no Mum it weren't me that destroyed me cage and pee'd up the wall!!!!!!":roll: :roll: Rabbits eh? dont u just love em!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

wouldent be with out them despite there little ways my 2 love nothing better that to trash the shed went in earler to fined theve thrown the blanket off there chair

mopsy

mopsy used to be like that. However she was only playing. I bought a rabbit dumbell to throw around and she love it x However i can rule out litter training because no matter how hard i try she always trys to chuck it around her cage x silly billy x

I think my girl is an attention seeker, I think, cos she was an unwanted pet originally - parents moved house, little girl had nightmares in it, she said can I have a rabbit... parents said okay to placate her and then a week later lost interest and she came to me 8 weeks later!! - we give her loads of fuss!! She also a right little madam.. she even tells the dog off!!:lol: :lol: (Never left unsupervised, she bites his nose through the bars of cage!!!)

bless

ah bless my dog and rabbit are literally in love <3
They touch noses through the bars its so sweet Mopsy wasn't sure to start off with so i told Andy to go a bit more quietly next time and do you know what she sits ther making herself comfy while Andy lays down wagging his tale all the time x All the while this goes on Rosie is asleep x

Just think yourself lucky thats her type of naughtiness and she doesn't chew everthing in sight, luckily I'm the forgiving type and can't help but laugh at the luck of satisfaction on my buns face when he's chewed something he shouldn't have. I've tried everything it's just how he is.
Spaying/Neuturing definitely helped with litter training, he's so good that even if he has a tray inside he'll wait to use the one in his hutch-bless.

Thats true!!:lol: :lol: But I am thinking of hiring her out (with Isabelle) to local builders, who need holes dug:lol: :lol: ...OMG! Have just seen the one she has dug... think she planning a trip to Oz!!!!:lol: :roll:

haha, I don't have soil, he pulls the carpet up instead! I might give him a box of it though to see if he's interested, probably not because he can't do it whilst laying down. He's so lazy that he lays next to his food bowl to eat. Luckily he has energetic bursts every now and again and goes for a mad run around and up and down the stairs.

Aw!!! He sounds a poppet!! Is he the bun in ur avatar? Is he an English? Cos I have a chocolate English and he LAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Heres me little minx!!
pixieboos.jpg
princesspixieboo.jpg

Aw!!! He sounds a poppet!! Is he the bun in ur avatar? Is he an English? Cos I have a chocolate English and he LAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah thats him, he is supposedly a dwarf lop but his ears never lopped, my auntie has a younger one almost identical and her ears are down, he looked like a helicopter when we first got him now they are bolt upright, see new avatar. Maybe he's a cross? He is lovely I always look forward to going home so I can see him. I think he has a more pointed face than most dwarf lops- he is still young though so this might change.

Back