• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dry food

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
Hey guys, just wondered what dry rabbit food you feed your bunnies? And what one really is the best for rabbits.... I feed Wagg complete Bunny Time, they eat the lot, they dont select feed thankfully!!:lol: I used to feed Russell Rabbit, but found it far too rich and it would give them runny poo!!:(

science selective - they have a small handful morning and night - slightly less at night, and slightly more in winter or when moulting :)

I feed Wagg Bunny Time Complete too, it is fairly OK fibre and protein wise. My lot were on Excel but we had nothing but trouble (GI Stasis, runny poo).

My two get a small handful morining and night and don't feed selectively either.

I am looking to put mine on SS or PF4P pellets in the future(for more fibre) but at the moment they're happy and healthy on Wagg.

A norwegian brand of pellets. I've heard some bad things about it though as it contains a bit too much protein and little fibre,:roll: but it's the best norwegian-produced brand and the foreign ones are far to expensive (wouldn't know where to get them anyway) Even so, I've never had any problems with Kalle (the feed I use now) so I continue using it. 1 handfull for Zakura, 2 for Sasuke and Aroma, free access to hay and in the summer, grass and leaves.

I use Supa Excel, but after posting on this forum about my buns sticky bum i am now gradually changing them onto Science Selective. It's hard to find Science Selective in the shops!

i feed burgess for dwarf and junior rabbits gizmo loves it its a bit pricey but the vet recommends it so cant argue with that:wave:

I've always used either burgess or pets at home's own brand pellets depending which store I go to because thats what he's been raised on-no problems- he adored them and gets cross when he's run out, (throws the hay rack around and tips his bowl over) he also has dried meadow flowers, supaforage, dried dandelions and loads of hay, weetabix occasionally, mashed carrot and dill, all sorts really, he loves blueberries so I give him a few when I have them.

I use Excel Lite which is higher in fibre than Excel - I know lots of people have had problems with the normal Excel. Selective Science is a good pellet too.

I feed some veg - not too much - and unlimited quantities of fresh, green hay :)

I feed...

I feed Mopsy super Excel. I find this is better because she used to have Russell Rabbit but got quite fat on it. She also has a handful of hay morning and night. Bigger handfulls if cold or raining x She also has plenty of veg x

Back