• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buster has been neglected. I feel terrible

Kylie541

Warren Veteran
I have been really ill for a few days and on Sunday I woke up with paralysis on my left side. Anyways to cut a long story short I had a bleed on my brain just got home from hospital but dad had forgotten to feed and water Buster. He has polished off his breakfast and is at present running around my room like a nutcase and very pleased to see me. Poor little sausage I can't pick him up as I have lost so much strength in my left side. I never saw this coming :cry: If I had I would never have got him.

so sorry about your illness, but im sure buster will be ok. and some things are out of our hands, take care of you, then in return you will be fitter to take care of him,by the way snuggling rabbits isthe best medicine, good for lowering bp

Im so sorry to hear you've been ill. Im sure Buster will be fine with you. He'll understand.

get yourself better, you don't need to be worried xxx

I should say that I am 22 but live with my parents and my mum has a considerable soft spot for the bunny. He was fed yesterday morning but only has a small amount 3 x a day so he missed his lunch. Mum will do some of Busters care for the mo (she couldn't yesterday as she was at the hospital with me).

Don't worry you just rest up and get better. You've been though a lot these couple of days so just rest. Don't worry about Buster sounds like he's fine. Rabbits are very resisliant. Your mum and dad know how much you love him so will look after him for you. Just keep thinking positive about getting better and being able to cuddle him again!!! he loves you too xxx:D

Oh goodness what a terrible shock for you :shock: :cry:

I do hope you are receiving good follow-up treatment such as physio to try to regain the strength in your left side.
Do the medics know the cause of the Brain Haemorrhage?

I really hope your condition rapidly improves

Janex

What a horrible thing to happen to you and I hope you recover quickly. I expect your parents were so worried about you that poor Buster was just forgotten. Just remind them to put an enormous pile of hay in for him and check his water every morning then if they should forget about anything else at least he has that.

AWw im so sorry, i do hope you are on the mend and starting to feel a bit better, take it easy though. You dont want to push yourself to hard and end up in hospital again.. Buster will be fine and he will be glad you are back, dont worry to much xx

What a frightening thing to happen, I hope you recover really quickly, I'm sure Buster will help you.

We are sure of the cause I was supposed to be in hospital until Friday at least but the bed shortage at the hospital mean't I have been sent home early. I am gonna be going in for tests as an outpaitient and probably a lumbar puncture.

Buster now has a water bottle as well as a bowl in case I am rushed back in. He always has loads of Timothy hay and Medow hay and I must have know things weren't right because I told mum to put loads of hay all over his floor as well as rack. He also has hay in his litter tray so it was only pellets he went without. I think he is a bit stressed as he has weed everywhere this morning but he was bound to pick up on the stress.

I managed to give him a nice cuddle this morning and he kept jumping on the bed which he never does so he must understand I can't lift him safely.

Awww - he does sound like he's pleased to see you again, and I'm sure with all that hay to eat he would have been fine for a couple of days - Hope you are well soon! :)

Buster just had apple for the first time. He has now had beetroot leaves, carrot, carrot top, pineapple, kale and so far so good. I am enjoying being spoilt at home dad just hoovered the hay in my room with a smile on his face. Mum has lifted Buster for me so he is in his cage having a sleep and she is gonna lift him out when she gets back. I feel awful I can't do it but I nearly dropped him before. I am stressing out too as he was supposed to have his VHD jab on Monday hopefully he isn't to at risk as he is a housebun mums gonna take him at the weekend. His lump is loads better to.

awwwwwwwwww sorry your having a rougth time im sure bun understands and will be happy with his hay and veg as long as he gets some cuddles hell be fine

That's terrible :cry: I also hope for you that you make a speedy recovery. Like Jacks Jane said be sure they are offering you all the required treatment. Don't worry about your bun, we all know how intelligent they are, he probably understands exactly what's going on! :D

as his a housebun his less at risk than the garden variety, just calm down, let people fuss round you, they,ll get you back working soon enough. read the books if you can hold them, that you,ve put off, watch dvds, eat choccy and relax . a stressed sick mums is going to take longer,before you can play with buster, he needs you to get well. do as your told,:lol: :lol:

sorry you are poorly:cry: I'm sure Buster senses it and can cope for a bit. Just enjoy being pampered while you recover. :-D

Take good care of yourself.

I have always told my kids that we have to be seen to first when it comes to food because if we don't look after ourselves we won't be able to look after our bunnies. The bunnies will manage fine and I'm sure Buster will too.

Sorry to hear all that you have been through..... he might have been a bit peeved not having pellets for a while - but it doesnt do any harm whatsoever - apart from their ego not to have them for a while. :lol:
As everyones said the most important thing is you get well... and I am sure he knows you are sick and needs to treat you with care aswell... bless him - like jumping on the bed for you - Thats very sweet.

Back