• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eating... and eating... and eating...

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
I'm a bit mystified right now as Little Bunny has nearly doubled her size in a week. She won't stop eating... I was just in the cage cleaning it and she was eating practically non-stop. Hay, Grass, etc etc just disappears in front of her it seems. I think that Rex isn't eating many pellets, so a decent sized portion for the two of them becomes a small portion for Rex and a HUGE bit for little one.

I think that I will just slack off on the amount of pellets I'm giving them, or even halve the big bit and put them in different bowls and block them off for dinner time.

I know it's fine for a rabbit to eat hay, and loads of it, but Little One has gotten seriously bigger in a very short space of time. Any suggestions/ theorys?

How old is the little bunny? If she's young then she could just be growing very quickly (my China grew really fast between 8 and 20 weeks). If she's older, or she's actually getting fatter rather than just larger in size all over, definitely reduce the pellets but still feed as much hay as she can eat.

Hope that helps!

AMETHYST

i find my young rex, fill their faces constantly, and have doubled their size in the last three weeks , basil my ermine has grown huge, you put food in and its gone before you fed the rest of your buns. now his become a housebun his thinking its lighter longer more time for food.

OK that is GREAT to know... Little Bun has nearly surpassed Rex, who is roughly a year older than she is! I'll post piccies later, i suppose. Her markings have also gotten gorgeous!!!

Yes, Rex and Little One are Netherland Dwarfs, and she's also about 8-9 weeks old.

Thanks everyone!!!

Back