• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help something wrong to my rabbit

speedo19

New Kit
hi i new here,
i notice that there something wrong with him today :cry: and he been walking funny and falling down on the side and clicb and still falling down and i check his leg and spine it feel ok nothing broking i think my wife think maybe have that brain thing that need to put down!! and u onoly over year old!! some time he walk and then stop at the corner make a fall and some time he stand up both hand on the wall or chair he fall too!!! any idea what may wrong with him i will see the vet soon i get a appt and just to ask if anyone have this before !! and also he not eat last night too. his poo look fine too!!
:cry:

Hi and welcome to RU. Sorry I have no experience of this, hopefully someone who has will be along in a bit. Sounds like you have done the right thing in making a vet appt for as soon as possible. Hope he is ok x Jess

got back from vet

i been to vet today and they have say it got a ear infection and that thing in brain i been getting treatment for week but they say it 50 / 50 it not work it will work so have to wait for week and it only over a year old and after week nothing change on him he will have to put down and that very sad for me cos we bond each other he come to me when the vet check his ear he not like it!!!!!!:cry:

Aww I really hope he gets better for you, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Its awful to think of all the things that can happen to your bun no matter how well you look after them.

lionhead had that =[

My lionhead had exactly the same syptoms x vet said we had to put him down x =[ i had only had him a month =[ My poor baby Archie :cry: x

Good luck to you & your bun. Im terrified of my rabbits having EC & would feed them panacur every day if it was healthy to do so (dont worry I dont)

Updates News

been to vet to check on thumper and vet think not to put down for now cos he ok still eating and drinking, has the treatment and she say if it happen again then back on treatment and we see what happen in future time!!
hope he get better soon!!!:) :)

Is it Panacur that your bunny has been given? If so, you really need a long course of it - am hoping you haven't just been given 9 days?

yes it Panacur been treat from 25th and until it finishes like that was on monday morning and see the vet today c how it going and she say look better than before she seen him but say not need treatment cos she cant confirm what illness he got until he get the head tit get worse or roll really more than before then go back and i been given treatment for my other rabbit whisper in case he get it for 4 day!!! But she think it got the brain illness i not sure how to spell it!!!!

The problem is, if your bunny has got EC, a few days of Panacur will have seen some improvement but then it will come back. Lots of vets prescribe for 28 days, but I'm now discovering (in my own rabbits) that even that isn't long enough - a 6 week long course is now being recommended by some. You can actually buy Panacur Rabbit yourself online if your vet isn't keen to continue for longer.

i see i notice that in some forum that ec taking about 28 day or 6 weeks and been told that from vet few day treatment and also told to clean the hutch and disinfect around once a week, has any one do that ????

Yes, you definitely need to disinfect the hutch thoroughly. Although food bowls, water bottle/bowls etc too. Can only repeat what I've said really - I'd thoroughly recommend a 6 week course of Panacur.

Back