• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

castration day tomorrow

caismeister

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone i am getting Taylor castrated tomorrow and then hopefully he will be bonded with Boomer and Sparrow who are both neutered females

just a quick question how long before they can be bonded since the girls are neutered and he is not hormonal at all

will leave as long as is needed but just wondering if anyone with experience of bonding a buck with 2 does has any advice

Earliest I bond males with neutered females is 2 weeks for the sake of their stitches :D

Good Luck

Yes but the girls have already been 'done' by the sounds of it.
When Squidgy was neutered, he came home very wobbly and sleepy, so we shut him in a small space with a snugglesafe, and gave him a shallow water bowl and food bowl, with hay in a rack. The vet had also given him a pain killer and gut stimulant injection.
Good luck tomorrow!

the girls are neutered so him still being fertile wont be a problem just wasnt sure if the girls wouls sense his hormones still being high

thanks for the quick replies was supposed to be going to the vets on thursday but vets called to see if would be ok to do tomorro ahh just preparing everything now poor little boy doesnt know whats coming!!!

Well the vet decided that Taylor is too small to be castrated so have got to wait another month. The vet i use is very good so agreed with him it just means that he wont be bonded with the 2 girls for around another 6 weeks.
Oh well i am glad for myself as its 6 more weeks of cuddles and endless licks from him as he's living inside til he's bonded:D

Back