• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eeeeeeeeek!

hey all, my first thread really and obvcourse it had to be a bad one.

ive got a problem, ive found scabs on my little bunnys (sparkles) ears!
and on her one foot, like theres no fur and the skin is red?

ive booked her and the other bunny (buttons) into the vets for thursday?

but any idea what it could be?

any help would be much appreciated.

sophiex x x x x

Are the bare patches circular? is there any dandruff or crusty yellow powder? Are they scratching?

:cry: there not circular no, there just patches as if one toe so to speak has no fur with red blood spots (scabs one it) and her ears are the same just patches, but yes she is scratching them.

sophie x

I was thinking perhaps ringworm, but they are usually more circular.....though it CAN be just patchy..... so my questions have been asked and then answered already!!!:roll: :lol:

Has she got any flaky white skin and browny bits in her ears, my Raff had scabs and that down his and it was ear mites, also on her feet... could it be sore hocks?:? I'm not a real expert, but mine have that before....

When I first got my group of girls one of them was absolutely fanatical about washing all the others ears - she went at it till they were scratched and scabby, although she doesn't do it now they've calmed down - does your other bunny overgroom this one maybe?

Can you post some pictures of the scabs?

Is no one else thinking possible Myxi here? This sounds very similar as to how LucyJ's Harvey started when he contracted myxi.

Are your bunnies vaccinated? If so, at what time of the year were they vaccinated?

Try and put some piccies up and I would try and get an earlier vets appointment. I don't mean to scare you but bunnies can still contract Myxi even if they are vaccinated.

Hugs

wel, i think theyve only just turned old enough for the vax but i only got payed monday and was sorting them out in the vets, i cant get any earlier as i live in a small village and dont drive so i cant get to another vets, and mine is fully booked till tomorrow.

sophie x x x :cry:

If you ring in the morning and say you are worried that she is really unwell they should squeeze you in.:D I live in a small place to but if it's an emergency they will see you there and then. My rabbit vet Steph never says no :D

right lol i took sparkle to the vets and he had mites, so they charged me £22 just to see him and then a further £8 for this cream stuff to stop it hurting on the scabs, then today i picked up something called advantage which is like little squirty tubes to treat the mites which was £17.

so....expensive but sorted YAY!!

sophie x x x

Last edited:
Back