• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescue centres near by...

bunlover

Warren Veteran
haveing difficulty finding anywhere close to me who are interested in lettting me be a foster carer for rabbits. i live in langley slough berks... stil waiting to hear from one but everyone else has said too far even though i have a car and am happy to travel, (obv i want whats best for the buns but one place is only 30-40 min drive from me and it did seem a little odd especially as i work fairly locally to ther.) any one know of somewhere close to me? please help... i would love to foster and yet it seems hard to get involved in!??

yes they said am to far. unfortunatly. but thankyou. saod has offered me a few new options so will try giving them a call

Really? I didn't think Slough is all that far. Good luck with the other rescues - the other option if you have no luck and would be prepared to support it financially is to take in the occasional Freead bun that needs a new home. I wouldn't recommend paying for any buns (especially if you need to get them spayed/neutered/vaccinated yourself!) and I'd be a bit careful and check out that the owner isn't a backyard breeder trying to shift some "old stock" but it would help buns in need and possibly save a rescue from getting another bun handed in

yeh prob with doing that is that my boyf wont let me have one of my own permenantly he is scared of the many year commitment i think so fostering is our compromise at the mo (till he flals in love with the idea... iv so far managed to get my own hamster... we getting there slowly!!!) yeh i fort slough was close eenough but apparently not due to vet location and trauma of long car journeys. trying a few others at the mo to so with a bit of luck!

oh im not so worried about financial supporting of rabbit im ok there i know the ins and outs and the vet bill nightmare! and am used to keeping bunnies before i moved. its more getting boyf to agree. would love some of my own. really. but its nice to think can help a bun in need

Yes, Bunlover did kindly contact us about fostering - and as she said is a little too far away, as we have difficulty getting people to travel to our further away fosterers to view.
One thing we could do is place some of our 'harder to home bunnies' there - the only trouble with this is that these would either be biters or ill rabbits which means lots of trips to our vet, which when there is a journey of 40 minutes isn't ideal.
Next time we have a big rescue and not enough spaces we will contact you if you aren't already sorted!

yahoo - rabbit ritz - cos I cant remember her web address :lol: .... but she lives in Wendover. - Which isnt so far - but then Arc in twickenham is probably nearer.... I recommend both - has having met the arc guys and my bunnies board with Karen at rabbit ritz.

thankyou to everyone for their kind words and all theier help. i have now foudn two centres briar patch and bobtail rescue who are both happy to let me foster for them when needed. i now just have to get my hutches etc and get all set up and have homecheck of course... am very excited and wil let you know when i take the first ones on. once again to everyone thanykou millions for all your help and i hope al lthe rescuer centres and the rescuers and bunnies are well and that the buns find their new homes soon as xx many thanx

foster message

oh donna -arc. i hope my message didnt seem rude i purely meant i wanted to find a centre closer, or in more desperate need of fosterers at this time! that was not meant as a critisim ( you would have been further than 45mins drive now anyway i think) and of course whatever is best for bunnies is best for me! hope you get the chance to read this as your inbox is to ful to send as a pm. hope all the furry freinds with you (and all the rescuers etc) are well , take care thankyou for your help in locating somwhere else though xx

YAY... I bet you are really excited... you'll be willing that phone to ring... remember to share all the photos with us!

I really want to foster as well, but like you haven't found anywhere near enough yet. Although I did email our local RSPCA earlier today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will get back to me (they are realy v local & use the same vets as I do).

when i do get the first buns will make sure their pics are proudly put on here for u all to see how cute they r!!!

oh donna -arc. i hope my message didnt seem rude i purely meant i wanted to find a centre closer, or in more desperate need of fosterers at this time! that was not meant as a critisim ( you would have been further than 45mins drive now anyway i think) and of course whatever is best for bunnies is best for me! hope you get the chance to read this as your inbox is to ful to send as a pm. hope all the furry freinds with you (and all the rescuers etc) are well , take care thankyou for your help in locating somwhere else though xx

No, no, no I didn't think your message was rude at all! I'm so glad you have found someone to foster for - it's such a waste when people are willing to help but not able to find anyone they can help. And I will still be in touch if we are overflowing and get any emergencies!
As for my inbox - I have tried and tried to delete the messages but can't seem to - so apologies to anyone trying to contact me. I might have to contact Tamsin for help! x

Back