• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not buns but my chin angel

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys,

As you will know Pheobe one of my chins passed last night leaving angel alone. angel origonally came to me through Kayj as she had lost her partner and had started to chew her own leg through stress and depression. With Pheobe now gone im very worried that Angel will start this again. Angel is 7/8 years old so i don't want to leave her alone for too long, but i have only ever paired up Pheobe and Angel before and i don't know what to do. Will she be ok on her own for a while whilst i figure out what to do? Help from chin peeps greatly appreciated!

Sorry to hear that chinnie Phoebe passed away last night :cry: I lost Siouxsie chin a few months ago at the grand old age of 15. Her 15 year old partner George passed away less than a month afterwards and daft as it sounds, I think he pined for her. They had been together for 10 years.

Taking into account Angels history, I'd pair her up again as she's like a late teen in chin terms. When I bonded Siouxsie and George I put them together in the spare room and they were fine straightaway.... I don't know if that was luck or normal.

good luck

I'd definately get her company sooner rather than later, when each of my boys lost their cagemate they bonded to each other really well which made me think they must've really been pining for company.
What about looking out for a neutered male for Angel? Intros might go a bit smoother than female-female if you're nervous about it.
Emma at Furryfriends has a neutered male looking for a home if transport could be sorted -
Hans is a tame and very sweet male neutered chinny looking for a home.

He was neutered on 11th July 2007 so will need at least a month on his own before being paired with a female. He is only available for homing with another girlie chinchilla (or another neutered male with careful intros).

He came in with his brother Chewy who was rehomed quickly to a member from here. They were originally living together, but as often happens they started to fight.

The owner got rid of them because he got bored of them.

Hans is about two years old.

Hans' operation did not go as smoothly as we first hoped. His bladder had somehow got caught up with his testicles as they grew and when the vet opened him up to neuter him his bladder wall was snicked by the scalpel. :eek: She had to then make another incision to investigate how much damage had been done to the bladder. When she found the incision it had almost closed up already but she put some stitches in just in case.
Because of this incident he won't be available for at least two weeks to make sure no infection builds up. He seems fine and happy at the moment.

If anyone can offer him a home then please let me know.

Emma (Furry Friends Animal Rescue)
Tel: 020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371
Email: Adrs@aol.com

Ok cool thanks guys xx hmmm i have had buns from Emma before but im not sure that the journey is fair on a chin, not many people have spare facilitys for chins. i will def have a think about him though xx

Back