• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thistle Hall... can you only get it from pets at home?

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I want it for the piggies with a run attached... but it seems as though only pets at home sell it... is there anything similar sold elsewhere??

Yeah, theres like three near me, but i dont like giving them money :thumb: would like to get it elsewhere or a good alternative... any ideas?

I quite like the look of the large Pets at Home hutches, but I do think they are expensive. Can't you get one made that looks similar? Lots of suppliers on Ebay etc.

It's £130, the run is an extra £55. I've got it form my piggies but i have a seperate run. I'm debating over the pets@home run or building a custom one? x

Its not the price that bothers me, i want that hutch!! Its perfect for my piggies. I just dont want it from p@h... :lol: i might have to bite the bullet??

Happy Hutch do a 4ft (wide) x 3ft (high - surly for piggies 18inch per layer would be enough?) by (2ft deep). Not cheap at £159?

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=71&categoryID=5

You would have to build your own run!

Or they do a hutch and run combo:

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=90&categoryID=6

Lots of sizes to choose from and they will make different sizes if there isn't one you like.

You've prob seem Happy Hutch before so I might not be saying anything new :D

Always worth a look in their ebay shop for cheaper ones as well:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Happyhutch-Company (not had time to look!)

I understand what your saying. I personally shop at my local pets@home because the animals are healthy etc and the people are really nice.
It's a good hutch. I personally like it because it looks better than most hutches :oops:
My piggies have no complaints!

there are other posts on here that reckon thistle hall is quite poorly made and prone to damp and when i looked at them i didn't think it wasanywhere near as good as lavender lodge. try happy hutch and the rabbit hutch co on ebay. you can get quite a saving on the rrp

I got my hutch and bun from P@H, the store manager is a lovely guy who has his own house rabbit and gave us loads of really good advice on looking after Charlie, he was a nervous rabbit because the shop had been undergoing refurbishment and he wasn't a very small baby so probably not very desirable. I think he only sold him to us because he knew we didn't have children and would be patient with him.

The hutch is **** though, it wasn't expensive and is only for him to stay in overnight, he has a big pen that I bought from www.zooplus.co.uk the hutch fits inside it and when its not wet weather I just leave the hutch door open and put the net over the pen. It was only ever a temporary residence as we're going to have a large one made that is sturdy enough to sit on and a matching seat/storage box but the legs have come off (probably from us moving it in and out due to the freaky weather, the bottom isn't very sturdy, the doors aren't hinged so limit what you can fit through them, (I sometimes struggle with his litter box) I think most of them are **** though and would prefer to have one built.

I got my hutch and bun from P@H, the store manager is a lovely guy who has his own house rabbit and gave us loads of really good advice on looking after Charlie, he was a nervous rabbit because the shop had been undergoing refurbishment and he wasn't a very small baby so probably not very desirable. I think he only sold him to us because he knew we didn't have children and would be patient with him.

The hutch is **** though, it wasn't expensive and is only for him to stay in overnight, he has a big pen that I bought from www.zooplus.co.uk the hutch fits inside it and when its not wet weather I just leave the hutch door open and put the net over the pen. It was only ever a temporary residence as we're going to have a large one made that is sturdy enough to sit on and a matching seat/storage box but the legs have come off (probably from us moving it in and out due to the freaky weather, the bottom isn't very sturdy, the doors aren't hinged so limit what you can fit through them, (I sometimes struggle with his litter box) I think most of them are **** though and would prefer to have one built.

was the hutch 'thistle hall'?? or another one?

I have a Thistle Hall that I use for emergency accommodation, my son bought it for me :D I bought the hutch hugger for it and its never wet inside. The bolts are horrid though, tiny, fragile and they rust. The one seized after only a week so I replaced them with brass ones. Hope this helps.

I have a Thistle Hall that I use for emergency accommodation, my son bought it for me :D I bought the hutch hugger for it and its never wet inside. The bolts are horrid though, tiny, fragile and they rust. The one seized after only a week so I replaced them with brass ones. Hope this helps.

Don't you think the hutch covers are really expensive?

I'm sure I'd seen a Thistle Hall on anther website, although it wasn't called that - ages ago though so I don't have the link. Keep searching and you might find it

Back