• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny on vacation

ZakuraRabbit

Mama Doe
Okay, so my parents finally managed to take me along to our regular summer camp-site:roll: Earlier I've been complaining that I can't go cause I have too many animals. (I don't like the camp site...it's boring) We tried going with two rabbits and one dog last year and it was a drag in the car. We tried balancing the two rabbit's carriers (if only they were both neutered:roll: ) on top of each other but most of the car ride (2 hours!) mom had to take on on the lap.
This year I decided to let my grandma care for the rabbits and the hamster, only bringing one bunny, my newest baby:D
We've tried various different ways of keeping the rabbits at the camp site. Every time I get worried they'll get wet when it's raining so I figured...hey, why not put the indoor cage upside down?
Aromasferiebur.jpg

Funny thing is: I put in an extra shelf right bellow the plastic bottom which served as an extra house:D (the other house is a plastic sink turned upside down...)
Aromapsteinen.jpg

Here's a picture of her outside.
Aromaligger.jpg

Pberget.jpg

Stikker.jpg

But standing still for the photografer is so dull so here she's off:roll:

u sure shes all full vaccinated- looks like wild bun territory- and mind the plants she eats and the temperature

but ova wise- she looks like lots of fun!

u sure shes all full vaccinated- looks like wild bun territory- and mind the plants she eats and the temperature

but ova wise- she looks like lots of fun!

Wild bunnies don't exist in Norway, and as far as I know there are no deceases which the rabbits need vaccinations from, not sure if anyone even DO vaccinate rabbits...
I know that it is illegal to import vaccinated rabbits into the country as they may carry the disease that otherwise don't exist here, but they don't show the symptoms as they're vaccinated, then they can affect other rabbits that aren't vaccinated:?

awwww thats wicked that you can take your bunny on holiday with you :D

is it really true that there are no wild rabbits in Norway - wow :shock:

is it really true that there are no wild rabbits in Norway - wow :shock:

Yeah, it is. We've got hares though, but I've rarely seen any (My grandma had a family of hares that came by her garden sometimes)

The closest we've got to "wild" bunnies are domesticated escapees or rabbits that have been set loose by stupid short-sighted owners. But most of those don't survive very long. Though there is an island near the capital where there are a lot of those domestic "wild" rabbits, but the last I've heard those were going to be killed as they weren't happy there. Also people release their pets there when they don't want them anymore, in turn the newcomers are usually killed by the other rabbits. :(

Back