• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sitting in the rain: does anyone elses bunny do this??

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
We've had light showers on and off all day today, so rather than have them miss out completely on their run time I put Jen and Frankie out and covered the run with one of my patented tarpaulin run covers ;) However, no matter how well I cover them and how cosy I make it, both of the little darlings will squeeze themselves into the only bit of the run that even slightly wet :censored: :lol:

Do you think they are perfecting their 'orphan bunny' look in case we have visitors? :roll:

Am I the only one with such, ahem 'strong willed' (daft!) rabbits?? :lol:

Honey is daft she will sit in the rain, Harley will hide in his hideout or if i havent put that in he will put his head under Honeys belly (he hate's messing his hair):D

Buu does exactly the same, she sits right in the corner that she will get wet in when the rest of the run is dry :roll: :lol:

Well, MOST of my bunnies don't like getting wet, and will cower under shelter if I put them out in wet weather. Then there is CheeChee......he is my exception!:roll: :lol: He will sit out in steady rain when he has a nice dry hutch attached right on to his run!!!:roll:

Both mine sit out in the rain but Inky seems to love it! Smokey tends to wander in after a while, I think she gets fed up but Inky will sit in it for ages. I always dry them off before bed and I do try to shoo him in when it is very wet (he usually ignores me though or waits till I've gone inside to pop out again).

Yesterday I let Paddy out for a run around the garden while it was dry. A few hours later it looked a bit dark so i went to get him in and it started pouring down. Paddy just sat in the middle of the garden getting soaked refusing to come in. Everytime I went to pick him up he thought I was playing with him so I ended up leaving him under a bush. He absolutly loves the rain!!

Fudge and Caramel aren't too keen on the rain but the others will quite happily get soaked :lol:

Mine love it, we all love a nice shower so are buns are no different, maybe it's nice and refreshing for them :D Either that or they are all freaks!!:lol: :lol:

Got a funny story- saturday afternoon the heavens opened... I ran out and rescued the bunnies - they wouldnt get wett cos they are covered - but still!:lol: Isaac went straight in....
Snowflake hopped out and sat under the bench - thinking Iam a clever girly I will be dry under here.....
hmmmmm it was a slatted bench! :lol: :lol: :lol: me and my mum were killing ourselves and she wouldnt come in the house for love nor money. Will post piccies of it sometime.
So Nope defo not just yours! :lol:

My rabbits sit under the shade all day when its sunny but when it starts to rain they come out. Can't blame them, everyone needs to cool down at the hot days.

Back