• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommended hutch

toadflaxbex

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend the best size hutch for two bunnies. At the moment, the hutch I have is enough for one bunny, he is a dwarf lop. I am planning on getting him a girlie as soon as he has recovered from his neutering. I am planning on keeping the smaller hutch during bonding process, and also just in case it doesn't work out, as won't want to take her back.
Anyway I wanted to know the minimum size hutch I should get for two bunnies. I am hoping to get another small bun, but will see what is available.
Any help would be appreciated as I want him a partner asap.

Minimum is 5ft by 2ft by 2ft, with access to a run and out time daily.:)

I am sure people on here can help recommend a good hutch, I am no use as I have a shed!:lol: Good luck!

He will be about 5-6 months when we try to get another, atm he is just 4 months has had his vacs and just been neutered. I do think he is lonely though. We have a cat and when I let them see each other bunny gets very excited, its quite cute.

I would say go for 6 x 2 and get a run attatched if at all possible.
I also wouldn't recommend bonding in the small hutch you have now. For one thing it will be your first bunnies "territory" and will put them immediately on the defensive. Also, it will not provide much room for them to move about and escape each other. It would be better to use a run and to put a tunnel or box or two in it for hding in! Or, easier still, go to a rescue and get them to bond them for you.

Yup I am planning on getting from a rescue and we have discussed taking mine there. The small hutch will be used for non bonding sessions. So for instance we are going to introduce gradually. The bigger hutch will mainly be used. The small hutch we will keep just incase it all goes belly up. I have a seperate run for the garden, and am planning on getting a double or maybe triple storey hutch. haven't decided yet, just wanted a rough example of the main size and then build it up.
Also looking for any decent sites to buy from.
Cheers

Can anyone recommend any good sites for hutches. I have had a look at happy hutch, but I am sure there are more good ones out there. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

I've got a heavy duty log hutch @ 6x2x2 (18 months old) and a 6x3 run that will be spare in a few weeks - £100 for the 'set' (ono) interest you?

The run has a two-part hinged roof and the whole thing all folds flat. I also made two extra 3ft panels for it so that it can be extended to be a 6x6 run but then it is an open run if used like that with no roof (needs second half of roof built to cover whole thing).

Not sure where you are though? Shout or PM if interested! :wave:

Last edited:
Hey Cotton, I've just bought two of them and that's why my original hutch is spare - Im joining them together so my two boys have 12x2 hutch and 12x4 run :wave:

Hey, Thanks for the offer, but I am kind of looking for a double or tripple hutch that is off the floor, so has legs. My back garden floods a little so do not want it sat on the floor, so legs is my better option. We have a separate run that goes onto our grass, so just a double or triple hutch would be perfect.
Thanks

The Happy Hutch ones are recommended on here time and time again so they must be good! :D If you do go for a Happy Hutch though, make sure you request that it's made in tongue and groove and not plywood: for a while some of the bigger hutches were plywood only and they are not as weatherproof as the T&G ones :D (I think it was just the 6ft single level hutch and run combo that was affected, but it doesn't hurt to check :))

Back