• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are any other rescues....

...experiencing a slow patch? I help Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue and at the moment there are just no enquiries coming in. Fortunately there are no buns coming in either; is this because people are off on their hols etc and don't want to have a new pet?

Erm......have rehomed 5 so far this week and should be another 3 by Sunday :D

But my waiting list is at its longest ever :?

Rehoming here has been very slow..and incoming bun list is growing:(

As we homecheck new homes we do find this "loses " a lot of homes as some people either fail it..or don't want to be checked in the first place..which is worrying

We also have one of our recently re homed buns coming back to us..this has happened only twice before so is very disappointing:(

Well done Sooz! How do you rehome so many? do you advertise? And Jill, that's so sad about them coming back, and yes worrying that people don't want a homecheck :?

Hi Kim, when did you contact sue? she is extremely busy and works 4 days a week so runs the rescue in every other available minute! We are currently trying to think of ways to make bun money go further! Any suggestions???
:D

was slow last month but have several buns reserved now .

like jill we have had enquiries but not everyone passess or even wants a homecheck :(

have also turned several homes down last month as they only wanted 1 bun and we wont rehome buns to live as singles outdoors :?

when i emailed was after snow was spayed around 10 weeks ago now

as for the funds thing how about a car boot sale if i could drive id help with this or a bunny mummy get together with rafle i can help with this to

That's a good idea. Have been talking to sue this afternoon, and she said she had another lady who did a car boot for her and donated all the funds. I would do that but have de-junked so much I have nothing left to carboot!!!:lol: The other thing we are trying to promote is the sponsorship of the resident buns who are too ill to be rehomed. thinking about creating some posters to post in vets etc.:?

sponser a hutch is a good plan or an open day with raffle ect

or

name the bunny or somthing like that is good to

ps today ive hered of 4 buns needing a home soon unfortuntley i can only take one

they have ablack ne thie dwalf so im so tempted for that one after losing midnight

Back