• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oscar... update

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
Well Oscar seems to be responding to the treatment :D , he has been eating and drinking really well, pooing and weeing well too, he has put on a bit of weight which is good. I have let him out for a run and he races about like a loon, he can hop etc in a straight line and is only a little bit wobbly now :D

We're going back to the vets on tueday.

Now I'm wondering... obviously i was going to have Oscar and Boo injected against myx at about 8/9 weeks but what with Oscar being so poorly neither has been. Can Oscar have his injection? should i bet Boo done and not Oscar?? :roll:

Any advise much appreciated xxx

I'm glad Oscar's improving :)

I'd take your vet's advice when to give Oscar his myxi, but if it were me I'd wait until his immune system has got over the treatment he's having now. However I would vaccinate Boo as soon as she's old enough

Totally agree.....I wouldn't vaccinate Oscar either until he is back to full health. I would definately still get Boo vaccinated if/when she is old enough.:D

Thanks guys

I will ask vet tomorrow about both of them.

Oscar is definately feeling better, he is chewing the bars of his cage in determination to be let out!!!

:D

Back