• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
caN A RABBIT JUMP? IT JUST ITS STORMY SO GOT MY RABS IN (sorry for the caps) a pen which is i would say about 2foutish tall, it does not have a solid top, just a net cover....

do you think the chances of them escaping are quite high>

how well do they climb? these are small mini lops x

Zeb could easily clear 3ft as a baby (in fact he cleared his new 18inch pen within 5 mins of being brought home) so i'd say 2ft is definitely escapable although the net should help :)

i he a mini lop? they've not cleared it before so im keeping my fingers x'd.

the net makes it look like a lid... you've got me worried now x

no he's fairly big but was tiny as a baby, BUT he is the most "leapy" of all the bunnies we have. i wouldnt worry too much seriously :D , as you have a net over.

it might be worth investing in a higher pen though if you are going to bring them in regularly - those PWS Greenline ones are pretty good as you can use one of the panels to make a lid.

Floss is a tiny mini rex and was able to jump and clamber out of her 3 ft high run. I never forgot about the lid again!!:lol:

ive got heavy mini lops, can they climb well? they were in the run for afew hours with the net today and no probs x

I finder the smaller the rabbit, the more athletic they are, so the higher they can jump!

If you`ve got netting on top though that should put them off.

Su.x

Most of mine are mini or dwarf lops, and none try to escape from 2ft high pens unless there is some kind of ledge; i.e. they try to jump out of solid wooden runs, but not from the PWS runs.

Having said that...some rabbits learn to lift up the PWS runs with their teeth, and escape underneath. My Sh*tty was terrible for doing this, but luckily she always ran back into the house, so she could show us what she'd just done :lol:

My dwarf lop bugs can jump from the floor to the back of my armchair (over 3 foot!) Also from the floor to the windowsill! It depends on the bunny i think though, because mine are indoor rabbits she has lots of pratice jumping on furniture!

My french lop would regularly clear her 5ft high run :shock: I witnissed her doing it once, and could not believe how easy it was!! I've also seen her climbing up a vertical mess wall. Two words - escape artist

I am very surprised she hasn't jumped out of the pen she is in at the moment (she's being bonded in my dining room)

Twinkle my mini lop cross is currently sat 5' up perched on top of a plantpot on top of a wall! :shock: She has to clear a 2' run anytime she wants to go out to play as there's no door on her run and she doesn't really like being picked up!!! I was unable to contain my 2 satin rabbits with 4' barriers when they were little too :?

Most of mine are mini or dwarf lops, and none try to escape from 2ft high pens unless there is some kind of ledge; i.e. they try to jump out of solid wooden runs, but not from the PWS runs.

Having said that...some rabbits learn to lift up the PWS runs with their teeth, and escape underneath. My Sh*tty was terrible for doing this, but luckily she always ran back into the house, so she could show us what she'd just done :lol:

:lol: Zeb does that too - if one of the others is in the living room he pulls and pulls at the barrier then squeezes under. when my mum looked after them for 1 night so i could visit Gail in Whitby, i came home to find he'd escaped and couldnt get back in. and he was really hungry and thirsty poor love

When he was a nightmare unneutered youngster (only 6 months ago :lol: ) he used to spring onto the radiator and leap off that to get over the PWS run. When he got a bit bigger he just leapt all casually up at the top and hauled himself over. He made it look so easy :lol:

im pleased to say that when i got up at 5:30 this morning to get ready for work, i had two very sleepy rabs and both in cage.

xxx

Back