• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing decision 2 make, help appreciated.

JayUK

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:
I hope you can help me come to a decision here.
As Bertie is our 1st bun, we were unsure before he arrived of how much space he would have free, and if we could have him out in the day when we're not here, so we bought a huge double storey cage, which he seemed to love, and gave him a whole room to play in.

We've gradually bunny-proofed the whole flat except the 2 rooms he dosen't go in, and he now is free to romp around when we're not here, and is only in his cage at night, and we shut him in so that he dosen't wake us up too early.

3 weeks ago, we had family move in & they've just left. We had to put Bertie in the kitchen, take off the top floor, and slide him into a generous space under a worktop. He settled in fine, and seems to love it in there now.

I'm thinking that as he's only in there for 7 hours at night, should I leave him in my kitchen, and move him in there, or return him to our guest room, and would this have any hygiene implications (altho as we know, our buns are very clean!) ?

If he didn't seem happy about the change, I wouldn't be posting this, but he does. Thanks for reading, all opinions will be taken on board :D

Back