• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lily's destruction day

unalakey

Mama Doe
:shock: Today whilst i was hanging the washing out, Lily rabbit sneaked in the house and chewed through the computer monitor cable, the printer cable, the mouse lead and the speaker leads:shock: luckily they werent plugged in, i cant beleive she caused all this trouble in about 30 seconds!!! I am currently using a friends monitor, have managed to find a spare printer cable and using my sons mouse. Will have to buy a new monitor though and the one we had was only 4 months old and cost nearly two hundred quid:shock: Was wondering if i could claim on my household insuarance, has anybody ever claimed for damage caused by rabbit?? She is now banned from the house :cry: by my hubby.

Might be worth calling the manufacturer to find out how much a repair is or an electrical repair shop. The second would probably invalidate the warrenty but still save you cash.

I take it the lead is fixed not plugged in the back of the monitor?

Tam

Yes the lead in the monitor is fixed (typical), will call the manafacturer and find out if it is worth repairing or just buying a new one as they have come down in price quite alot. They are worse than kids:roll: Couldnt beleive it when i went to plug the computer in and all these cables were just hanging there :shock: I still love her though she's a little devil:) I think she's fed up of me posting her pictures on this site:lol:

Back