• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two new additions!

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Well i am getting two new rabbits tomorrow (was meant to be today) some of you may know im taking them from a lady who cant care for them. The rabbits keep fighting (two males in same hutch, not neutered) so C.A.R.R.O.T a local rescue has kindly given me another hutch (Thank you loads). So they will have their own hutch when i get them tomorrow.

They have not had their Myxi injections, which i KNOW they have to get, so for the time being they are staying well away from Pringle. She has the mum and dad and said they both had their Myxi before they had the babies and they have stayed at her house since not in contact with rabbits etc.
Am i best to get these done A.S.A.P (like booking them in for them on Tue?) i am also going to get 'spot on' to prevent them from fleas, mites, tiks etc.

Anything else i should watch out for?

Thank you in advance x

I second that esther, we only have two and id love a million more. maybe when the shed conversion is finished, we'd then have a big spare hutch x

Well i only have one at the mo :D

but two more will keep me busy!!!

Not sure what breed they are...to be honest ive not even seen them! I will take loads of pics tomorrow and post them:D.

Does anyone know about the myxi question? thanks x

i would get them vaccinated asap but it depends where you live as to how bat risk they are but with thier parents problems i would get it sortedto be on the safe side xx

When I adopted my 7 bunnies 2 years ago, none of the rescues vaccinated - it's a recent thing - so don't panic, but you are wise to keep them away from your bunny for a few weeks quarantine. I would let them settle in for a couple of weeks before taking them for vaccs, just so you can make sure they're healthy - you shouldn't vaccinate poorly or injured rabbits as it's all a strain on their immune system as is the stress of moving home, going to vets, car rides etc etc etc. All takes its toll on them so spread out the stress over a longer period if possible.

Indichic - the parents didnt have myxi they had the injections:rolleyes: .

Thank you Elve, i will let them settle for a couple of weeks and then take them to get them done depending how they are.
The lady said one of them has been picking on the other so will check the bun over to make sure there are no cuts/etc.
xx

good luck tho, im looking forward to seeng pictures.

sorry to change subj but hows the weather up there today?

We have sun but i don't know how long it will last x

good luck tho, im looking forward to seeng pictures.

sorry to change subj but hows the weather up there today?

We have sun but i don't know how long it will last x

Put it this way i think the sun has gotten lost so if you see it tell it to visit :lol:

its pouring down of rain!!!! hasnt stopped sooo bad :cry:

Back