• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why/how do people do this?!

montyflossy

Alpha Buck
Hi,
Today I went to help bunnyrun at her rescue in Eastbourne. I try to do this when I have a day off but each time I am always surprised by what people will put their bunnies through.
Unfortunately today was no different...
There was a call from a landlady who had gone to clear her property after the tenant scarpered afer paying no rent for ages, and she had LEFT HER BUNNY THERE!
Here he is in his ABSOLUTELY TINY hutch that they dropped him off in...
Thank goodness she went to the property and found him :(
IMGP1380.jpg

And this is Poppy. She is 6 years old and has lived as a house bunny all her life only for owner to decide that her destructive behaviour is now 'beyond a joke' She is the fattest bunny I have EVER seen it is really sad, she cant get anywhere near her own bottom to wash :shock:
IMGP1387.jpg

I picked her up and it is solid fat, they fed her a slice of bread with tons of cheap tesco mix :shock:
She is lovely and seems very trusting, how could her owner just give up on her after 6 years?!
IMGP1384.jpg

I don't know how bunnyrun does it, but it doesn't bear thinking about what would happen if there weren't bunny rescues!

aawww poor bunnies.. glad they are both in a safe place now. I hope they can both find lovely new homes soon.. and hope Poppy is able to shed a few pounds;)

:shock: That first one of Poppy I thought there was a 2nd white rabbit just above her head at first.

BREAD!! How can people possibly think that a slice of bread a day is healthy for a bun, I can sort of understand the cheap mix as people must think well rabbit food is all the same and if it's sold in tesco it must be ok, but bread!!

I have seen those hutches piled up outside a number of pet shops as well as in quite a few gardens (yes I sit on the top floor of the bus so I can nose in peoples gardens :oops: ) people think that because a pet shop sells it they are fine :(

Back