• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny u/d with a cheeky pic of Jess

markey78

Warren Scout
Well i thought i would get a friend for Jess when we finally get her, so i went to someone who "breeds" rabbits. Clair has named her Misty. The problem ive got is they had 12+ rabbits in not very nice condition, and Misty smells basically because her underneath it just covered in wee! What is the best way of cleaning her? or do we let her clean herself?:?

This is temporary accomodation until she is bonded with Jess

misty1.jpg

misty2.jpg

Last edited:
awww how old is she? if she's over three months your could trance her and use a dry foam shampoo. its about £4 but it smells lovely xc

Hiya, she's beautiful.

some people are of the opinion that transing is stressful for the bun. You could just try to use some warmish water? Never had to do it myself so not really sure of the best method but I know a few rabbits on here have to have 'baths'.
Just as a heads up sawdust can be bad for buns as they can breath it in to their lungs. She'll probably be ok just on newspaper :D

Aww. Pretty!
If she's indoors and not likely to catch a chill from being damp, you could leave her for 24 hours and see if she cleans herself up?

Lovely bunny.

I've always used a baby wipes to clean bums and bits, in fact I use them on all my small people, furry and non furry! I prefer the unperfumed ones but as long as you use decent quality, dermatologically tested ones, they should be ok. I've used them for years and never had a problem.:)

Well i thought i would get a friend for Jess when we finally get her, so i went to someone who "breeds" rabbits. Clair has named her Misty. The problem ive got is they had 12+ rabbits in not very nice condition, and Misty smells basically because her underneath it just covered in wee! What is the best way of cleaning her? or do we let her clean herself?:?
As moving can be stressful I'd be tempted to let her settle in her new surroundings first before trying to clean her up. Then I'd try the baby wipes. I would also give up on the sawdust as it's known to be bad for them and she may ingest some of it if it sticks to her fur. Agree also that I'd never trance a bunny.

Good luck :)

I may get in trouble from the mods for posting twice, but here is Jess!

Jess.jpg

P.S. Misty seems to be doing a great job of cleaning herself!

you can post as many pics as you like of that little stunner :love: and I'm pleased to hear that Mistys managing to clean herself up :)

Oh so glad the cleaning problem is fixed.:D And from your pic with lovely Jess it looks like your previously mentioned man problem is also gone now :lol:

Back