• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The mystery is solved!

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
It seems the reason theo is going bald is cus Cleo is over-grooming him in the same place (possibly)

I got them in today as had to replace AAALLLLLL the carpet tiles in the hutch cus the rain soaked them thru- I put some tea tree cream on theos cut and bald patch.....

Half an hour later cleo is licking and pulling at the fur there- theo liked it though :s - I think maybe it is becuase of the cream? did she like the taste?....

anyway- i sprayed him with anti chew spray again- gutted the hutchout and then went to get loooaddsss of toys as boredm can be a factor of over grooming.

Bought them an activity tree, grass mat, carrot-toss toy, fenigreek nibbles and a brass tube stuffed with hay.......

Hopefully this is enough? Also the hutch and run is now taupaulined over (sp?) , new carpet- and nice and dry- new toys etc....

Only problem is - neither of them seem to be eating today- maybe becuase of the stress of being moved so much?

Trip was over grooming Scarlett and she ended up with a little bald patch on her back, I think because he mane is so fluffy its easier for him to groom her back :lol: He has stopped now though :D

there is lots of black where the hair tips are coming through though!!!! only time will tell

Yeh same as my girly :D I rushed her to the vets thinking she had some sort of skin disease then when I got home and put them back in their run I saw Trip go over and start grooming that patch :roll: :lol:

Back