• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stupid people grrr

been to pets at home today for a new filter for the fish tank. had a look at the baby bunnies like i always do. they were so small, but i have to admit they had a lot of hay and toys, and clean water. although they are still in with the piggies.

there was a couple there with their daughter who was about 14. they were looking at that kind of hexagonal hutch they have, which doesnt look very practical to me. the woman was moaning about the price of it - although the family actually came across as being financially well off. they were also looking at the baby bunnies which always makes me so sad - if they dont want decent accommodation for the poor things, the chances are that they wont look after it. i usually try and get a few comments in first or advice about rabbits, but i'll probably get barred from there 1 day :lol:

anyway when the couple went off to ask about the hutch, i asked the daughter if she'd decided which bunny she wanted. she told me they already had a girl bunny but it was really bad tempered and aggressive so they wanted a nicer one :( i explained to her that her doe was probably aggressive because she needed neutering and that teenage does were usually vile tempered because of their hormones. she did seem to take on board what i was saying, and i actually saw them leave without another bunny

i hope that she mentions the neutering to her parents, although im not sure they were the type who would actually pay for the bunny to be neutered.

it still amazes me that in the day and age, people dont bother looking for answers. everyone just about has internet access so it wouldnt be too hard to find out why rabbits can be bad tempered. grrr. rant over though, just had to get it off my chest.

I've seen that hutch. The hutches at my local pets at home make me sad. They look incredibly thin and flimsy... And it's a bit disappointing to know there are people out there who see rabbits as disposable/replacable like that...

To be honest I think its because they just cant be bothered to find answers or learn how to look after their pets properly, like you saw today they thought it would be easier to just go buy a new one after all they only cost about £30 :roll: :evil: Hopefully the daughter will mention it to the parents though or even take a look on the internet herself :D

poor buns. i was in p@h today, saturday afternoon, full of kids and i just got more and more worked up by the ignorance of them all. i know its not the kids faults - more likly the parents. but i just wish p@h were more considerate about their buns. the silly girl working there today said buns were ok to keep on their own, in response to a customers question. she did add that you needed tospend time with them, but considering the typical p@h bunny buyer, you know that just won't happen. why didn't she just say they shuld be kept in pairs??? grrrr:evil: its not hard

Back