• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One Step nearer to bunnies..... UPDATE!!!

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
Just had to drop a line to say i am one step closer to getting bunnies!:D

I bought a food bowl and water bottle today as i decided to gradually start to build my bunny equipment. a few pounds each month will make it easier when i finally make the big purchase of the hutch and run, and finally the buns themselves.

I have also just emailed the lanlord to ask permission. please keep your fingers, paws and bunny ears crossed for me!! i will be devasted if they say no :(

saw the most adorable little guy in our local p@h adoption centre. i little dutch boy (i think) with little white socks, the cutest nose and beautiful eyes. they were almost blue. he was very friendly and inquidsitive, but shyed away when too many people came near or if you tried to touch him. but you could tell he was just longing to run round a huge run and not sit on sawdust all day. my only concern was that he may have been an original p@h bun who was passed his sell by date - poor thing. he's probably not neutered or anything, but i just wanted to take him home!!

Last edited:
Awwww - you are seriously broody :p Hope your landlord says OK - they don't usually object to anything 'permanently caged' ;)

Aww. ^-^
I started buying and hiding away bunny items a good few weeks ago, too, for my new bun. I have a purple bag containing a food bowl, a water bottle, hay rack and toys... Still not been given the chance to use them though!

Good luck!

It took me 7 months to pluck up courage to get any rabbits :lol: It seemed so complicated, and I was sure they were going to be savage - I was terrified! I had bought everything and done the shed out by Christmas, but still didn't get any bunnies till March! :oops: Well one can't rush these things! It's better than buying a bunny on impulse when you don't even know what they eat :)

Finally heard back from the landlord.....

been on tenterhooks all weekend, but finally got the answer yesterday evening......

WE'RE GETTING BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

best news i've had for ages. best start saving for that hutch and run.

good luck with your set up caso consulto and elve, its good to wait and not rush. i've been considering this for at least a year, and it'l probably be another few months before we get the buns. getting married in nov with a 2wk honeymoon, so it will be something to look forward to when we get back, plus i can't justify getting buns then leaving them in boarding after a few weeks.

will keep you posted as things progress.

thanks for keeping all your fingers, paws and bunny ears crossed for me!!

aww thats great, i was so excited when i finally got my buns. like elve, i thought about it for ages. its such a commitment... but im so glad now. i couldn't live without them xxx

warning long!!!

I have been very very bad........

I was on ebay (so you can guess whats coming;) ), and i've been keeping an eye on some hutches and folding runs.

One of the runs had a buy it now price of £89.99 with a free hideaway house, while another i saw, the same size was £69.99. the first one, which i preferred was listed a few times and one of them was a 'best offer' type of sale. So I thought, I'll wait a month or so then make them an offer at the price of the lower one.

Then I saw the run on a normal bidding listing with only an hour left to go and a price of only £48! Wahey, i thought, but before rusing in, i kept an eye on it and with less than 10 mins left the price hadn't moved (despite 20 nprevious bids). after a quick consultation with the other half I put a bid in upto £60. it wasn't quite high enough so i thought, I'll just see if £62 can win it. it didn't. it went for £64, but i wasn't going to pay any more at the mo.

So I thought ah well. it was'nt urgent to get a run at the mo. thought nothing more of it and went to bed.

This morning, I checked my emails and there's a message from ebay saying that as the second highest bidder the seller would like to ofer me the run at my high bid of £62!!!! :shock: another quick consultation with the other half who pointed out that i was happy to buy it yesterday so i might as well go for it today, plus it was still even cheaper than if they matched the price of the other run.

So my run is on its way! have a look and tell me what you think??? its only for day time when they can be supervised. hoping other half will be clever and find away o attaching it to the main hutch/run with a closeable door so they can have 12ft run.

http://http://uk.andale.com/imgserver/img/imageTemplateUk.html?img=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.andale.com%2Ff2%2F105%2F107%2F18920724%2F2007%2F4%2F29%2FFROM_LAPTOP_086.jpg

My run arrived yesterday!!!! :D It's great :D and the little hideaway is sooo cute! Just have to wait to put bunnies in it now

Back