• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Fudge <3

Peppapunk

Young Bun
ABCD0013.jpg

Hiya :wave:

This is the rabbit I care for, Fudge.
The owners don't have anything to do with her, as she is aggressive and terratorial. She was bought as a kids pet but they can't get near her.
She used to have a hutchbuddy, but she died.

She lives all on her own, in a paddock with horses. She has a hutch that leads on to a biggish run.

I am soon to move her elsewhere on the farm (I am not allowed to take her home :cry: ) and get her vaccinated for Myxi and VHD.

I feel so sad for her, she deserves so much. Shes such an angry rabbit. I have scars all over me and just yesterday she bit me. I pulled my hand away but she didn't let go :shock: so I had an angry rabbit hanging from my hand.

I have been taking her out on her harness (she'd never been out of the run before in her 2 yr old life) and I put a litter tray and toys in her run. I have started her on small amounts of veg and I'm gonna register her with the vets.

I hope she appretiates it! x

Last edited:
Nope she is not spayed. I would like to get her spayed though.

She is still aggressive outside her own "terratory" though, if that helps.
shes not really my rabbit and I doubt the owner would want to spay her, shes strapped for cash x

It can really change their behaviour - even outside of the cage. I'd definately recommend looking up the benefits of spaying on this forum (female rabbits are pretty prone to uterine cancer when a bit older too) and printing off some info for the owner. Perhaps you could sort out a bit of fundraising (e.g. a carboot) to raise some money for it? If the owner is on benefits then they may qualify to use PDSA vets.
If the owner is that un-fussed about the rabbit, perhaps you could find her a new home through this forum?

Awww, poor Fudge!:cry: :cry: She is SOOOOO beautiful, and I am SURE that with loads of TLC and being spayed she could be brought around and become much better tempered. Thank goodness she has you, or her life would REALLY be a misery!:( Her owners should just let her go to someone else if they can't be bothered with her!

Awww - well done for looking after this little girly :D

I don't see how you can get her spayed, as she'd have to live indoors in the warm for a few days at least - doesn't sound likely in this setup! None of my 5 girls are spayed - I think giving them a good quality of life, and not stressing them with too many changes or vet visits boosts their immune system - hope I'm right :rolleyes:

Anyway, sounds like this girl has a good quality of life now, and that's all she cares about I'm sure :D

Awww - well done for looking after this little girly :D

I don't see how you can get her spayed, as she'd have to live indoors in the warm for a few days at least - doesn't sound likely in this setup! None of my 5 girls are spayed - I think giving them a good quality of life, and not stressing them with too many changes or vet visits boosts their immune system - hope I'm right :rolleyes:

Anyway, sounds like this girl has a good quality of life now, and that's all she cares about I'm sure :D

Do any of your girls suffer from aggression though Elve?
I've had several male rats with hormonal aggression and I think their quality of life was less pre-neutering. It can't be nice to be fueled by hormones all the time (once a month is enough for me! :lol: ) and aggression seems to stress out an animal quite a bit. Rabbits suffer from being stressed healthwise too so I don't think leaving a hormonally aggressive bun 'as is' is suitable, though I do see your point of it being difficult in this situation. Sounds like it'd be best for this bun to go to someone who can give her the care and medical attention she deserves :?

Someone on here said out of the hundreds of does they'd rescued, all those who were over 4 and spayed had the start of womb cancer, so personally I'd never not spay a bun. My does are both spayed and my Fudge is so, so much calmer and so much easier to handle, it really calmed her down.

If shes living in the country, you'll want to get her jabs sooner rather than later as any wild buns in the area put pet buns at greater risk of myxi and vhd.

Ps She is gorgeous! :love:

She's so pretty. But then, I'm a complete push over when it comes to Dutch bunnies... :rolleyes: I'm glad you really like her, despite her aggression. ^^ I'm sure she appreciates all the care in her own way...

shes a little stunner, ive always had a weak spot for tort dutch, she may be nippy now, but with your time and love im sure you,ll talk her round

Back