PDA

View Full Version : Any rescues near me?!!

petticoat74
20-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I keep seeing all these gorgeous bunnies on the RIN and none are near me!!:cry: :cry: I live in Benfleet, Essex and have a major problem... I have no transport!! I would dearly love a new buck, as I have two does that I am having speyed soon and would like them to have boyfriends!! :roll: I must be a sucker for punishment!!:lol:

janice
20-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Briar Patch Rescue is in Hainhault

Spacegirl
20-07-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.briarpatchrescue.org.uk/ ;)

Loads of lovely rabbits there - just a few of them are on the website.

louise and Gus
20-07-2007, 11:27 PM
I live in Grays and often do homechecks and bunny runs for Briar patch so could help with transport if needed :wave:

petticoat74
21-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys!!:D As soon as Isabelle and Pixie speyed I will have a look for their boyfriends!!!;)

XMissySJx
02-08-2007, 10:53 PM
im also having alot of trouble, im in essex in between colchester and chelmsford and io cant find local rescues anywhere. The best one seems to be briar patch....but i have to go up there look @ buns, they then home check, and then i take domino up there to find a girlfriend for him, and my boyfriend only wants to do one run, he said he doesnt want to do the journey twice:(

And i REALLY like the bunny called Shilling on there website:(

i just want to get him a friend but i dont see how, i could buy one but i would SO much rather rehome one

Bunnytod
02-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Domino is a real cutie:D hope he find the perfect g/f

Azraelm
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
im also having alot of trouble, im in essex in between colchester and chelmsford and io cant find local rescues anywhere. The best one seems to be briar patch....but i have to go up there look @ buns, they then home check, and then i take domino up there to find a girlfriend for him, and my boyfriend only wants to do one run, he said he doesnt want to do the journey twice:(

i just want to get him a friend but i dont see how, i could buy one but i would SO much rather rehome one

You could ask if they would do the homecheck first, and then if that's all ok then go up and pick a friend to try with Domino- you can't guarantee he'll get on with shilling but I'm sure they have lots of other suitable girls.

honeybunny
03-08-2007, 11:30 AM
You could pm AlisonA as she works with 3 rescues in your area so I'm sure she could help you find a friend for your bunster:D

Diddeen
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM

How about this beauty.. would match Domino to a tee :D
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=7348
Maybe have a chat with Eve who runs Briar Patch and see what she can suggest about having homecheck first then taking domino to meet some girlies :D

XMissySJx
03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
hey everyone! well my boyf had a look on the site and now he doesnt mind going there!yay!
He loves victoria! bcus she looks just like our Jelly when we got her! (and altho he dusnt like 2 admit it the stroppy mare is his favorite out of our lot) i think its cus she only wont bite him!hehe!
But im going to keep a look out and try and find the perfect girlf or him!

To the person who suggested Fruffy....i have seen her on the RR website and i think shes beautiful! But because Domino is only 4 months old i would rather get one who is up to a year old, but it was very tempting!!

XMissySJx
03-08-2007, 04:11 PM
P.S bunnytod im SURE i recognise those cute bun photos!!! Im sure i remember seeing them ont he fuzzy rabbit forum?? (im sure thats where!) i remember thinking how adorable they are!

Bonniebunny
03-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi petticoat

Warren Lodge rabbit rescue is very near you, off pound lane in Bowers gifford. They have lots of gorgeous bunnies waiting for homes. I have had bunnies from there before.

Good luck with your search and well done on considering rescue buns!