• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

well i went...o/t 'in a quandry'

ELVIS

Warren Scout
...and im please to report good news. i can pm anyone with more details but basically shes downsized dramatically and things are much much cleaner and everything. i only saw a handful of buns and they looked ok.. shes fed up of it i think and wanted her garden back:? anyway i feel so much better myself for going , and know that there is nothing more i can do- the ones she had looked fine. she could of course have others tucked away somewhere which is a concern but i got the impression it was not such a big part of her life now. much much better. she did however have two very tiny rex babies - all she had there-which were so hard to leave behind...

Last edited:
Well done for checking it out - I'm glad you weren't put in a spot because now you can enjoy your holiday! :D

I didn't catch the original story but I'm glad you have visited and everything seems to be improving. Well done for going. I wouldn't have dared.

That is good news ..great for the bunnies if she is gradually giving up..and also that they looked cleaner..
well done for going:D

im still here until tonight as we have to drive through worcs to south wales so hanging about for the situation to improve.
you all missed the hint at the end of the thread though!;) im bursting!:lol:

im still here until tonight as we have to drive through worcs to south wales so hanging about for the situation to improve.
you all missed the hint at the end of the thread though!;) im bursting!:lol:

Awww did you take the three? :D

erm...lets say im up for a divorce soon...:lol:
looks like id better get making and selling some stuff so that i can pay for 2 more lots of neutering and vax......oops
do you want to see? they have already gone to stay with aunty maria for a week(dont worry -indoors in an airline carrier and she has buns so is rabbit savvy. shes taken the week off work to look after mine while we are away and then i look after hers next week.:) )
i did pop over earlier to see them again and took some piccys . i'll put them on the other section for piccys.

Well what a strange ending...
a complaint about a bad breeder you visited a few years back..go to revisit and buy 2 bunnies from the place..who'd of thought it:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well what a strange ending...
a complaint about a bad breeder you visited a few years back..go to revisit and buy 2 bunnies from the place..who'd of thought it:lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :( well that sounds bluddy awful but im not worried they were the only ones she had and i was glad to give them the opportunity of a good life. and at £5 a piece im hardly lining her pockets.
i still think that if she had a ton of buns she would be struggling , and im glad shes packing up. if i was being perfect i would have turned my back on the babies and let her sell/give them to the first kiddie that knocks on the door this summer holidays but im not perfect- im a flawed human being who loves animals and i cant save them all. i can just offer a home to these two.
and i for one am pleased that she has sorted her case out- it was a right mess and she really seemed in control of things this time. not my sort of person at all i'll admit that- but no obvious cruelty or neglect. just someone who still thinks of bunnies in the way many people did for many many years. maybe( hopefully ) this is now an outdated point of view.
i have two dogs you know and people ask 'are they rescues?' because they know i help and support rescues. when i say 'no they are private rehomings' they seem puzzled that i havent supported the charities by getting one that way. but lets face it not all animals get to have the opportunity of being 'rescued' and found a good home. some are simply at the mercy of the person who answers the ad. all i know is that i look after them well and they are happy. my new boys will hopefully have a great life and im genuinely happy that this woman is not so driven by greed and money as i remembered before. and in case anyone wonders i was honestly genuinely concerned. i wouldnt have gone out of my way to go and see considering that fact of our impending holiday and me being up to my eyeballs in other stuff to do.
id like to think that fate took a hand. either that or im just a numpty numbskull. you decide.

I don't think youre a "numpty numbskull", but Im going to save that name for future usage:lol:

Isn't it sad that individuals breed rabbits for the reward below minimum wage and only £5.00. Makes one want to scream get a job.

Enjoy your buns and post lots of pictures.

Last edited:
Errrm before you take offence at my post..all i said was what a strange outcome..and added the smileys...?? surely you can see it is a strange outcome?...

and above in an earlier post I said glad the place has improved and well done for going....

but now you've made your comments here's mine... I do think it's odd. that you put critical comments only yesterday about a place you visited years ago saying you've been worrying about it ever since...happen to go to it today and buy two rabbits there....:? .
and buying from a place like that is not something I would advise people to do..even a fiver can encourage people..

BUT IT IS YOUR CHOICE and I appreciate that everyone is allowed to get their pets from wherever they like....and I'm sure with you they'll be well looked after.

(sometimes my pc keyboard only just escapes being head butted!:lol: :lol: :lol: (please note the smilies by that comment too!))

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: No head butting from me Jill. I read it in the spirit it was meant. That's the problem with posting on forums ; part of the communication is lost because of the lack of body language and intonation. Well done for getting those rexes Elvis..can't wait to see the pics.

I got what you meant too, its hard to know how things are being said when you cant actually see the person saying it :lol:

the thing is everyone reads things differently.

My rabbits aren't rescues, but i love them non the less. They were'nt commercially bred but atleast the two that have been ourchased will now go to a happy home so good on you xx

Back