• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy hutch

elve

Banned
I emailed them this morning asking if they would consider making their larger hutches in T&G again instead of plywood as it says on the website, and he said they are now anyway! They just haven't changed the wording on the site yet. If I was going to order from them though, I would drop them an email querying this first, because then they will have to send you a T&G rather than offload some plywood rubbish onto you ;)

Hmm interesting, I wonder if the EBay ones will still be ply, while they change over stock, or will they always be ply for cheapness??

When I got mine I emailed and they said they found T&G too heavy for the large size :? I wish I'd got T&G though, the plywood really isn't going to last long at all and I have to keep it covered with tarp the whole time to stop it getting wet

I agree Kayjay, but to be honest I keep all my hutches covered in tarps anyway. You can get little leaks whether t&g or ply and its probably going to be the door framework/run that rots first, especially with all this rain.

I have a couple of older Happy Hutches (5' and 6') and they are both in T&G, it certainly seems more robust, but it does make them heavy. I certainly can't move them on my own, and sturuggle to do it with help.

With regards to waterproofness, one of them has started to leak a bit on one of the corners (now covered in tarp which has solved the problem), but the other is just fine. Have been outside for 4 years now. Just for reference really.

I emailed them this morning asking if they would consider making their larger hutches in T&G again instead of plywood as it says on the website, and he said they are now anyway! They just haven't changed the wording on the site yet. If I was going to order from them though, I would drop them an email querying this first, because then they will have to send you a T&G rather than offload some plywood rubbish onto you ;)

Thanks for the info. I've just emailed them for quote for a 6x2x2 T&G Hutch. will let you know then outcome:D

thats good news. i just posted on another thread regarding these hutches. let us know the price as it will be interesting to compare. if not i'll prob go with the rabbit hutch company 6ft combo.

Im glad you managed to get a reply out of them. When I emailed them to complain about the crappy cheap plywood indoor hutches they sent me instead of the T&G ones I was expecting they didnt even have the decency to reply :roll: . I have since taken my business elsewhere. My most recent double hutch was built by rydale hutches (www.rehutches.co.uk) and it was far superior quality than any I have had from happy hutch.

I have 2 of theses hutches and i have to say with the extras we have added to them make them fine but with out the extra proofing i think they would have fallen apart:cry:

Oooh I think they must have lost a ton of business with this stupid idea of using plywood - I agree Cheryl the Rydale hutches are fab, but very expensive...although they are ready made too so I'm sure they're worth the money. Happyhutch have always replied to my emails (and there's been a few) same day - they raised their runs from 18" high to 20" when I asked them to as well. I spent about £1000 there when I got the pigs though :shock:

Im glad you managed to get a reply out of them. When I emailed them to complain about the crappy cheap plywood indoor hutches they sent me instead of the T&G ones I was expecting they didnt even have the decency to reply :roll: . I have since taken my business elsewhere. My most recent double hutch was built by rydale hutches (www.rehutches.co.uk) and it was far superior quality than any I have had from happy hutch.

I love the Ryedale hutches and had one made to my measurements :D Excellent quality but they arent cheap. :D I have seen the Happy hutch ones and really dont like the plywood models :?

Back