• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone got this hutch or from these people?

The tiers dont look very high to me - would there be enough bunny head height? I'd ask them before buying.

If the whole thing is 45" high to the apex there's a few inches to knock off for the roof, then the wood between floors, then the legs... then divide what's left by 2 for each floor...

The other point to consider is the fact that it is only 18" deep and by the time the hole is in for the ramp it means that the top level is little more than a VERY narrow shelf. The ramp also decreases the floor space downstairs and means that there is only a narrow strip at the front of the hutch which allows the rabbit hopping space for the full length.

If it was 6 ft long and the width and height were bigger it would be fine ;) Do they do a bigger version?

cant see a bigger version of that type. She doesnt want a run combo cus the bunnys would be out all day, just a sturdy double hutch. Any other suggestion for a large double coming in at about £80?

I don't think you are likely to find a substantial big double hutch for that sort of money I'm afraid. You will need a min of 5x3 if it's two tier. I've 2 rabbits in a double 5x3 and although they are usually out in a run during daylight hours, I added another run to the front of the hutch as I felt they needed a bit more room. Maybe I just spoil them though...

Yup, doesn't look much good space wise. She'd be better off getting a good 5x2 and attatching a run to it.
Of course, a 6x2 would be even better . . . :D

we've had one of these handed in with a bun..we did use it for a while for a single smallish bunster..but they are not deep and the front of the lower level comes off too easily..we broke it up and took it to the tip...

My double is not huge, but they spend the majority of thier time in a big run either in or out.

They have a 6x4 run which they spend most of the day in, and they are only small buns x

Thanks, honey bunny was that the same make of hutch?
Its so difficult to visualise size without actually seeing it, but I do agree it might be too small for 2 bunnys even out in the daytime. Could anyone recooment a 6 by 2 single tier hutch for about that price?
Thanks

RSPCA Millbrook in Surrey does a 6 x 3 ft hutch for £100. Or, you can buy and convert a large shed for about that much.

Back