• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preparing the buns for holiday!!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok i think i am sad now! me and Ali are going on holiday in one week and i am already writing notes and plans ect for my sister and dad. My sister is looking after them from next Saturday until Wednesday and my dad is doing wednesday night to friday night and we're back home saturday! my sister is staying in the house for me as i would panic leaving the buns without someone there, but she has to go home on the wednesday morning as she is going on holiday the following saturday and needs to pack and get organised, so my dad will be dropping in after his work to check them all and feed, water ect for me. I already have one A4 sheet of notes and it's getting longer by the day. I've never left the rabbits for a whole week! 2-3 days is the max i have ever gone away for and my dad, mum or sister has always looked after them for me. I knwo my sister and dad will be there and they both know all the buns and know what to do ect if anything goes wrong (my dad esp as he used to give my old bun Thumper his baytril by injection) they also both know my rabbit vet Hazel so i know they will be ok but i can't help worrying! I only hope i can not worry whilst im away. They will both send me text messages every day so tell me there fine, and my sister is coming over on Sunday to go over everything with me as she wont be at my house next saturday until after her work at 6pm and were leaving at 12pm. Oooooohhhhhh im sooo nervous!!!

Awwww hun I know what you mean I am worried about leaving my buns as I have seen how fast they can go downhill but your buns will be just fine and you can ring home as many times as you like to check on them :D

I am lucky as I have to leave my buns for 2 weeks so I have 2 friends who are looking after them but they are not too clued up on buns even though they both own bunnies. So Tree has kindly offered to pop down on a few lunchtimes as well to go check they all look okay etc so I feel very reassured now as I know Tree will spot signs and she would take them to the vets for me :D

Back