• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H adoption scheme

There is a similar conversation about it in the welfare section Tam;) just read the article though and had a giggle to myself, wouldn't this be poet justice if pet shops started to have the same problems that rescues get ie: rabbits dumped on their doorsteps and end up with no space to accomodate the unwanted ones during the bad dumping periods of easter and winter:lol: :lol: :lol: what goes around comes around so may be it will be good for them to see what rescues have to endure, who knows, pet shops might have to stop supplying their own rabs to sell as they will be choca block with un-wanted ones;) :D :lol: :lol:

Seems very stupid to publicise it that widely. I do hope the end up with the problems rescues face as they may rethink their indescriminate sale of animals. They will end up with more rescues than babies if they advertise it too much! :lol: Will serve them right.

MMMM......Wonder how long before HO realises this publicity stunt isnt cost effective :?

Also wonder what guarantee they give for the safety of the bunnies handed in if they are not "adopted" after a few months?:?

Having been into my local P@H, and enquired as a prospective owner to one of their 'rescue' buns......I'm not impressed. :censored:

One of my mates has just gone to P@H for a hamster. Asked her to spy on the rabbits for me and she just said she wishes id come with her so she could work out which ones were healthy (hamsters & rabbits).

Their reputation obviously precedes them :roll:

Oh aye, these adoption schemes are just great :roll: Someone on another forum took home a medium lop with a 4ft hutch and then had to rush it the vets because its teeth were unbelievably long, as were its nails. It was in a right state, so they may take them in to flogg them off but they certainly ain't no rescue in my eyes, that rabbit needed immediate vetinary attention and it would seem he didn't get any checkover, was just put straight out on display!!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

It's a bit barmy that article stating it 'encourages responsible pet ownership' to be able to dump your rabbit on P@H - what's responsible about that? They'll be queuing in the street with pregnant bunnies they bought from that shop in the first place :roll:

They only quarantine for 5 days too and I have also heard reports of them not even being vet checked.

Also, an older bun at £10...well lets hope no :censored: buys it as a 'present' for their dog.....:shock: :cry: I have heard a couple of guys dicuss it, then saw the price and quickly walked off. :censored: :censored:

I only buy willow toys and timothy hay from them because I can't get it anywhere else other than online, which is a joke as its £12 shipping to here!:roll:

I only buy willow toys and timothy hay from them because I can't get it anywhere else other than online, which is a joke as its £12 shipping to here!:roll:

The Willow Warren do fantastoc timothy hay, and also willow balls, their shipping isn't cheap but it works out economical if you buy more, or with a friend. The Hay Experts also do timothy hay (not their own, I think it's oxbow) and willow balls, they have very good shipping prices.

I hope this doesn't count as product advertising!! :lol:

Same here, wish i didn't have to shop there because everything i do i get upset at something i've seen.

Complained loads but so far they haven't listened to me.

what is good re shipping costs on the mainland isn't always so good to NI. I am 17 and have to pay for the buns myself, so although £12 might not sound much to most, it is to me, as I can buy everything I need in p@h for £12. I have paid £80 for vaccs this month and Clove may need a tooth op at £40 or more. Right now its not an option, and I have used them in the past and they are great, but thanks anyway!:) Besides me forking out more money isn't going to stop p@h, we need a heck of a lot more people to abandon it. I go in about once every 2-3 months, everything else is bought in a local shop who doesn't sell animals.:D

Back