• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any thoughts on this for a living arrangement??

I've seen this built up and it looks great. Nicole would be a good person to ask about this as she has built up the whole range and you could ask her what one she thinks is best value for money for space

Fiona x

it looks cool, but the actual area isnt as big as it looks. just wondering about the practicalities of getting in there and cleaning things out as well.

for not much more money you could get a 6x2x2 hutch and 6x4 run combo although i suppose the coop has a roof over the entire run. personally id go for the hutch/run, or even a 6x4 cheapo shed and a run attached

The whole run area is probably little bigger than a 6 x 2 foot hutch. The sheltered area is tiny in proportion when compared to any normal sized hutch, I would assume that this area is 2.5 foot x 2 foot maximum (it looks like it is about a 1/3 of the longest dimension which is 5.5 foot). You might feel it would work in the warm weather, however I would wonder if you would end up replacing it with a bigger sheltered area within a short period of time particuarly to provide more protection in the winter months.

I would agree that there are other larger options for a similiar amount of money.

I still think it's great - I didn't realise the run was covered too! If you site it on concrete they'd have somewhere lovely and cool to lie underneath the house bit, and in winter that house would be small enough to keep cosy - although knowing bunnies they'd use it as a toilet :roll: Which reminds me - I hadn't thought how difficult it will be to clean the run area if it's only 3' high - you'll have to crawl in there :shock:

They sell that at Jolleys in Milton Keynes. It is not that big really but I do like the idea.

Personally, I think it would be better for a house rabbit.

If they at least doubled the size of it, it would be BRILLIANT! It's a really good concept.

I LOVE the little 'front door'!!!:D

Looks great and having proper roof is excellent.

My bun loves being outside and in bad weather i have to shut her in her 6ft hutch. I agree with Elve, as my bun prefers to only use her hutch as a toilet too. I think house might be a bit small if you had to close them in, in bad weather.

How about... if I put another hutch I have for them underneath the little housing box in the coop?... that way they have a choice...

for that price you can buy a shed, then you can always get a run to attatch to the front as well.

Its not always about cost, she might not have the space for a shed.

I think it is a great idea, but if it were me, would like to see it in person to see the practical side of cleaning it etc...

Have I read it wrong? I thought the height of the whole thing was 5ft 5... which is my height... so I would be able to clean it ok wouldnt i?

Have I read it wrong? I thought the height of the whole thing was 5ft 5... which is my height... so I would be able to clean it ok wouldnt i?
Dimensions are 5.5 ft x 2.5 ft x 3.5 ft so 5.5 would be the length, heigh is 3.5, width 2.5 so might be difficult to clean out but no more difficult than a normal hutch combi I guess

I have one and the height is 3.5:D
It is really easy to clean out though i have no problem at all:D

Back