• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mods please delete

are they planning on keeping their baby in the rabbit hutch?! :? Why do they need to rehome him?

I think they are worried that the rabbit won't get the attention it needs when the baby is born.
but i dunno, they have to actually ahve a abay first

I think they are worried that the rabbit won't get the attention it needs when the baby is born.
but i dunno, they have to actually ahve a abay first

its a shame they feel that way. My friend has a 4 week old baby and also has a rabbit. Just before she gave birth the rabbit developed an abcess behind her eye and she has been on anti biotics and has since had the eye removed. They managed to care for the rabbit as well as a new born baby. It is possible to manage both!

Well, I have had large groups of rabbits since I was a kid......plus various other pets at the same time, including horses, dogs, goats, poultry, etc.......and I still managed to quite successfully have and raise five children! I currently look after my 6 week old grand-daughter a lot too, and no one has been neglected in the process!!!!!;) :lol:

ive, heard of this happening a lot, its how a young collie cross got dumped on my doorstep,one year, but ive raised three children and numerous pets together, did either no harm infact id say my children are kinder more rounded humans because of it

ive always had pets just becuse ive had 4 kids dosent mean they suffer

in fact the rabbits get fed before the kids do:oops:

ive always had pets just becuse ive had 4 kids dosent mean they suffer

in fact the rabbits get fed before the kids do:oops:

:oops: same here :lol:

And more to the point - when you have kids screaming at you, there's nothing nicer than going outside in the garden to look after a bunny - peace at last! :D

You have to remember each person is different. A few forum members who have had children have had to rehome their rabbits because they can no longer cope.

I've had buns given to me because of lack of time to dedicate to their buns after a new baby, I think it does depend on the situation of the new mom and everyone handles it differently.

If someone feels that they can't dedicate the time to their animals after giving birth, surely it's better if the animals go to a new home where they can be given more time, then possibly be neglected in the original home.

You have to remember each person is different. A few forum members who have had children have had to rehome their rabbits because they can no longer cope.

I've had buns given to me because of lack of time to dedicate to their buns after a new baby, I think it does depend on the situation of the new mom and everyone handles it differently.

If someone feels that they can't dedicate the time to their animals after giving birth, surely it's better if the animals go to a new home where they can be given more time, then possibly be neglected in the original home.

Well said Tree:D

Back