• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionheads

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
Hello!:wave: Just wondered if anyone can help me really... I used to have two wonderful lionheads, Bonnie Blossom and Perdita (perdi pops to me!!) and they suffered really badly from rhinitis, when it first came about, I thought it was pastuerella, but the vet ruled it out as none of the others had it and then I had 12 other rabbits!! So they both had intensive antibiotic treatment and steam therapy!! but it dogged them and soon as soon as the antibiotics stopped the nose would reblock and they would be sniffing and spluttering!! Then Bonnie went to pieces lost her way completely and the vet found a mass in her belly, at first we thought it could be constipation, so we tried to 'relieve' her and then the mass grew, it was a tumour and sadly she was put to sleep, then a year later Perdy went the same way, lost her condition etc.. and she also was put to sleep. Oh how I cried!!:cry: Is this a common ailment with lionheads? or have I just been unlucky, because I would love another one, one day, but dont want my heart broken like that, cos they were such good girls!

I would *think* you have just been very unlucky. Maybe they were related, so both sickily?

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully someone else will be able to shed some light on your question ....

Thankyou!!:) Bonnie was from a petshop and Perdi was a 'rescue', her owners children...'got bored' so she was left in the hutch in the garden!! She was a gorgeous girl too!! omg think I gonna cry again!:cry: such good girls!!

I was hoping that really cos I would like to have another Lionhead one day, they are so cute:) !! I have enclosed pix of my girls!
bonnieblossom.jpg
perdita.jpg

Hi :wave:
i have two lionheads and haven't had any problems. there are a few lionhead owners on here.
sorry to hear about your loss - your girls look lovely and fluffy in the photos.

Aw thanks!:) Ur one looks gorgeous too!!;) I have a sneaky feeling that my current lop Pixie, has some Lionhead in her, I got her 3 weeks ago, from a couple who's daughter was 'bored' with her, and now she has started to get big fluffy whiskers and long hair behind her ears!!!!

Back