• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carpet on housing floor?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
can you use carpet on rabbit housing floors?
For my new bunny homes arriving on Saturday I was thinking they could have a rug that covers all the wood, all four are 99% litter trained but i can always use shake and vac :lol:
is it okay to use?

I don't think shake and vac is a good idea but carpet is fine. I bought some really cheap carpet tiles (99p each) and just layed them down. Bert loves stretching out on them, i sweep the fur and poo off....

My house bunnies are on carpet and rugs - the carpet is slowly being shredded by Aemilia, and the rug has also seen better days! :lol:
I do use rugs for the outside bunnies, they get messy, so i pop them in the washing machine occasionally, but there is no chewing... probably depends on the buns! :D fine to use - but watch for chewing!!!

Hi

Carpet is great .... our buns love it ...

DSC00551.jpg

We just bought the cheap carpet tiles from B&Q. Be carefull though, we found that there are two types that look really similar. One lot are great and everything hoovers off it fine. The other type the hay seems to stick to like glue and it takes AGES to hoover.

Sorry about the HUGE photo.

Hope this helps.

Melanie

i use carpet for Crystal and Honeys shed they are litter trained but do have the odd poo on the floor which is easy swept up but i do sometimes hoover it out but make sure the rabbits arent in the shed when hoovering lol i think the tile idea is better though.

Back