• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This may sound really silly to the pros's but.....

vicky206

Mama Doe
can rabbits catch human colds? i have a killer of cold its just started to peak today and i am concerned this may effext gizmo, i know this sounds silly but i have looked through my books and cannot find anything...help please:oops:

No don't worry! I think it's called 'zoonotic' or something if an illness can be passed from human to animal, but rabbits cannot catch colds from us.

It's not a silly question though- other animals such as rats can I believe.

im soooo relieved can finally have a day off work tomorrow to get over this evil virus without affecting the baby! thanks mandy:D

Don't worry, when Darcy was a baby I panicked I'd given him my rotten cold and rushed to the vets with him...:oops: :oops: Thankfully the vet was nice and just laughed a short while...:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No don't worry! I think it's called 'zoonotic' or something if an illness can be passed from human to animal, but rabbits cannot catch colds from us.

It's not a silly question though- other animals such as rats can I believe.

Rats can't (they can catch strep throat though) but guinea pigs and hamsters can I believe :)

Back