• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mega moult

Rosie Rabbit

Mama Doe
Rosie is shedding a huge amount of fur at the moment - the pic below is just what came out yesterday :shock: She's been like this for a few days.

She is groomed every day - in fact, several times - whenever I go near her at the moment, so it's not through lack of grooming! I'm wondering if the fact there's been no really hot weather means her old coat has been slow to come out and now it's moulting all at once :? She does normally have a really thick coat and there is a new one appearing underneath.

It's amazing how much comes out of the undercoat when I use the comb - fur that you'd never see or think needed to be removed.

Anyone else's bunnies having a mega moult at the moment?

DSC02681.jpg

My rex Benji is in the middle of a huge moult too, big clumps of fur are coming out similar to yours but Benji's are mainly all around one place! He's got a bit of a 'bald' patch except there is new fur underneath!

Dill is moulting for England at the moment, and Beauty has just started... the others are in bits and pieces, but nothig like Dilly - it's coming off in clumps! :shock: (he does have a very smart new short coat underneath luckily!!!:lol:)

awww can u send your buns over to encourage mine to moult *PLEASE* Mine arent no matter what I try and I know they are desperate to as they are so shaggy looking.

Dusty is having a mega moult too - I've never seen her look so scraggy with bits hanging off her. She does have a lovely light summer jacket underneath though! :)

Awww i was expecting to see a pic of rosie! :cry: Please could we have some piccies, she is cute. That is ALOT of fur though!

A few of my buns are moulting SO badly, too. Harvey and Daisy had to go to the Vet today for their check-ups and booster jabs......and when I took them out of their carriers, there was fur wafting EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!:roll: :lol:

:shock: :shock: Bella and Benji are having megga moults, I think they will be bald soon

Awww i was expecting to see a pic of rosie! :cry: Please could we have some piccies, she is cute. That is ALOT of fur though!

Aw, that's sweet, thank you :D

For some reason, I can't seem to get good pics of Rosie - don't know if it's her colouring or the fact that she's indoors.

This is not remotely as good as yours earlier on Stories and Photos, but I do have one of her scary teeth as well (not very cute :oops: )

She was enjoying a noserub, then the cruel hoomans stopped and shoved the camera in her face :rolleyes:

teeth1mp.jpg

Awww thats lovely... she looks a bit like a guinea pig from that angle, bless her. We need more rosie picks helen!! :D

Mine are mouting loads too. They're avoiding me as everytime they come near I can't resist grabbing some loose fur with my fingers. :oops:

A few of the school rabbits are like that, one lop dwarf and one checkered giant. They molt like mad:shock: I can sit grooming them for ages and when I'm done, they still won't quit.:lol:
Zakura also had a major moult a few months ago:shock:
It was mostly visible on the rabbit herself+ the cage was full of fur, and it still is:roll:

Back