• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nethie dwarfs.....how nutty are they?

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
My Beatrix is thought to be a Nethie dwarf X with poss a small/med lop. She is by far the nuttiest of my three bunnies!! She's hilarious!! :D

Any other Nethie parents out there that can tell me how nutty theirs are??? :lol:

My ND is the sweetest, calmest, well natured doe I have ever owned and I will argue with anyone who says nethies are noughty - not all of them! :D

Oh she isn't a bad rabbit - she's just really funny!!! She has the most energy - but thats not hard with my french lop!! Annie and Beatrix charge around the flat playing. Beatrix loves getting me to chase her!!:lol: Not serious chasing, she'll pull on my trousers and then when I turn round she'll run off, stop, turn round and look at me - as if to say "come on then play the game"!! Then I follow her slowly pretending to chase and she does mad binkys mid run!! Hilarious!!:lol: :love:

It all depends on the line, I guess in the past breeders may have taken size over tempearment when picking out rabbits to breed, but a good breeder today makes sure to breed gentle rabbits, and then even the small dwarves will eventually get nicer:D
Zakura's father was a netherland dwarf, he was a bit weird but very kind. (With weird meaning he had to walk on straw:roll: if there was only sawdust in his cage he'd sit in the haynet all day)
That all N. dwarves are mean just because of their breed is silly. You can get nice cuddly NDs as well as aggresive french lops:roll:

I think there has been a misunderstaning - I said "nutty" not naughty or mean. "Nutty" means funny, silly, cute. This isn't a negative thread about Nethies!! :? :D Quite the opposite!!:D

:lol: My little Nethie Dotty is gorgeous ! She is forever making me laugh, flying into her tunnels, hiding under her bridge and chewing willow balls in 2 hours ! :lol: She is one cutie !

:lol: My little Nethie Dotty is gorgeous ! She is forever making me laugh, flying into her tunnels, hiding under her bridge and chewing willow balls in 2 hours ! :lol: She is one cutie !

Awwwww Dotty sounds like Beatrix!! I've that warren interchange toy and she goes mad running through it - its sooo cute!!!:D She's also lovely for snuggles too!!:love:

Tia definitely had more energy than the bigger bunnies - when I let her out she wouldn't sit still and do nothing like they do, but would run up and down the patio, over and over again - she just loved running, and when I let her on the garden she was hilarious with her twisting, double-somersault binkies :lol: When she landed she had such a funny face like 'what happened?' :shock:

Inky's a Nethie Dutch X, he's bananas! He is a total drama queen and bounces round everywhere but he is very affectionate and friendly to rabbits and humans (just don't try to pick him up).

My rabbit was a nethie, he was a stroppy little git! :lol: :lol:

Once when he eat all his food he threw the plastic foodbowl all the way from his cage and dragged it to my bedroom where he threw it at my feet in disgust and then walked back into the living room and started stamping his feet as if saying "come on then fill it up!!!"

Cheeky:censored: :lol: :lol:

Tia definitely had more energy than the bigger bunnies - when I let her out she wouldn't sit still and do nothing like they do, but would run up and down the patio, over and over again - she just loved running, and when I let her on the garden she was hilarious with her twisting, double-somersault binkies :lol: When she landed she had such a funny face like 'what happened?' :shock:

:lol: :lol: Tia sounds adorable!!! I love Nethie x's !!:lol:

Theo my lil nethie is snappy, moody and aggressive.... but he is always making me laugh with his stubborness and how he is only 30 sm long yet can scare me with his grunting and charging.

he could take a lion on!!!

My little man is a Nethie, and he is a rascal, he destroys everything, he is a cheeky we sod, but I wouldn't have him any other way. I swear one day he will just start talking to me, lol.

:lol: :lol: Beatrix is the most destructive of my buns but she is also very obedient. When I tell her stop, she does bless her!:D

Roxy is a Nethie cross. She's not naughtier than Barney but she's definatley more active. Barney will be happy to have a nap after a play whereas Roxy will carry on hunting for food :lol:

Back