• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

going on holiday

kimd6200

Banned
hi all,im going on holiday on saturday for a wk.my oh is feeding my rabbits for me and giving them water but he said he will not clean them out.if i did them on friday night would they manage until nx sat?i cant find anyone else have them.also,will they be ok without my company for a whole week?i sit in the shed with them everynight talking to them.summer and pepper are together but thumper is on his own.please say they will be ok?ill worry all holiday or else.
thanks.x:)

If they are reasonably well litter trained, perhaps you could leave some ready-filled litter trays with your O/H, and ask him to swap them for the dirty trays every couple of days or so?

they dont have litter trays.thumper uses his bed so i change his bedding daily and the girls go everywhere!:roll: xxx

hhm,right id better go speak to my neighbour very nicely then cuz oh will not clean them out.says they are my responsibility!nice!im lucky he said he will feed them for me.x

I definitely wouldn't leave them that long without cleaning. Especially outdoor buns in the summer - they'd be at risk of flystrike.

I change litter trays every day & do a full clean every other day. When i'm on holiday (not more than a week), they are just reduced to litter trays emptied every other day.

Also you've had a few ill buns. Is your OH bun savvy enough to spot the signs? Could you board them instead?

i cannot afford to put them into boarding.i have three now so it would cost me quite abit.i dont know if it helps but they are kept in a concrete shed which ive put up several fly catchers.ill ask around see if i can find anyone look aftre them for me.x

There's animal boarders than can charge as little as £2 per night per bun, so ask around. Check them out though first - you want to make sure they are gonna be well cared for

thats still £42.ill see what i can do.id put the in boarding but its taken me six months save up fot this holiday to take the kids away so i cant break into that money.xx

thats still £42.ill see what i can do.id put the in boarding but its taken me six months save up fot this holiday to take the kids away so i cant break into that money.xx

Right.

Just thought you would prefer to know they would be well-looked after.

Its a shame your partner wont help, in fact Im surprised he's not ashamed of himself, its a bit weird for you having to ask your neighbour to help-wouldnt wonder why your partner couldnt do it?
With 3 rabbits Id say they really do need cleaning at least once mid week if possible. Perhaps leave the brushes, bin etc ready so he doent have to do too much.
I would offer to help Im in stoke but Id feel a bit weird going into someones house meeting who bloke couldnt lift a brush.:roll: :lol: which town in Stoke are you? Or PM me.

i live in madeley.he says they are my buns n its my responsibility.my mum is coming down on wednesday to help.ive just cleaned them out n my neighbour said they could come monday and friday.would this be ok?they would be cleaned out every other day?partners abit of a :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: head when it comes to helping me.but when hes ill or something!you can imagine!:evil: xx

No disrespect but if you can't afford £42 for boarding to ensure your buns are well looked after in your absence, how can you afford to keep them, pay for necessary vet bills etc? :?

i manage.its just all my money has gone into my holiday.it doesnt cost alot look after them because i buy in bulk every four months and i manage vet bills.x

What about other neighbours or friends - if each of them could do one or two days it would be less of a burden for them.
My buns live in sheds and I clean litter trays at least once a day, and sweep up all the stray poo as flystike terrifies me - particularly in the summer:(

Is no one on this forum close to SOT?

Back