• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

treating my lot

decided to treat all our fluffsters this week (perhaps its wishful thinking that the weather will improve). I do like them to spend time in the fresh air, and Gus loves it outside - perhaps it might perk him up a bit too.

we are finally getting a fence up so our garden will be completely bunster proof. that means our old PWS panels which are a temporary fence at the moment :oops: to keep bunnies out of the neighbours, can be used as a 6x6 run.

at the moment we rotate bunny time in the garden. Gus & Lola go out together, as do Frida & Bracken, and Zeb gets his own time as he wants to murder the others :shock: When its nice enough for the pigsters, they go out alone too.

With us getting Saffy & Pru, we dont think we (or the bunnies) can cope with all that messing around. We need to be able to let 4 of them out at once.

So we have ordered two 6x3 runs for the littler bunnies. A piggy ark run for the piggies. And i am bidding on a happy hutch 6x4 run & hutch combo too. It isnt much more than the runs, and Frida is really into exploring so I thought it would be nice for her. Nothing is big enough for Lola though :lol:

With all that, we should be able to have at least 4, and possibly 5 bunnies out at once without any brawling or courgette-killing or stress to us as well.

I've also ordered some orchard grass via my vets (11kg of it) so i am now trying to deny to myself that i have spent next months wage before its even hit my account :lol:

Awww they will love it :D And it will be so much easier for you :D I have the happyhutch combo and my buns love it, plus the run is big enough for them to binky about ;)

Argh - the mad swapping techniques you have to do to give your buns garden & run time. This is why I ended up with a bonded 13:oops: Now I open the doors & let them out!:lol: (Then spend 45 mins trying to catch them again:roll: )

Argh - the mad swapping techniques you have to do to give your buns garden & run time. This is why I ended up with a bonded 13:oops: Now I open the doors & let them out!:lol: (Then spend 45 mins trying to catch them again:roll: )

I wish I could do that :lol: Mine get back in when they are told so I wouldnt even need to be chasing them round the garden :lol:

I wish I could do that :lol: Mine get back in when they are told so I wouldnt even need to be chasing them round the garden :lol:

Alex & Alfie come for nose rubs, Joey, Barley & kendra know it's food time, & then I'm just running frantically round the garden trying to get near the rest:lol:

Aww it's sounds great!! This is why i ahve one house bunny! LOLOL All the others have permanent runs attached, life is so much easier, but a hell of a lot wetter! :lol: :lol:

its a logistical nightmare at the moment. i actually feel like i could be a director of transport or something, such is my skill at divising schedules :lol:

for the £300 or so that all the stuff is going to cost (apart from the £400 for the fence :( ) its going to make our lives so much easier. in summer that is.

i havent even thought about winter yet :shock: as its going to be very stressful.

well actually we've set up a dvd upstairs so we can spend time with Zeb downstairs while frida, bracken or gus have a run on the landing, then go watch dvds with them or lola or the fluffsters upstairs. other than Zeb, they all have a shared room and company though so i dont feel they are lonely or anything. i'd like to say that zeb will get a friend one day but i think he'd test anyones bonding patience :lol: .

watch this space though.... i reckon we will have moved house by december :lol:

Back