• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi im new here!

just thought i'd post up some photos of my little babies! ive only had them for about a month and they're so sweet! i know the black and white (buttons) is a lionhead but im not sure about sparkle, maybe one of you can help! :D

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

thanks! :D

sophie x x x

:wave: welcome to the forum

you have some gorgeous bunnies i love lionheads :love: not to sure what kind of lop your REW rabbit is im guessing maybe dwarf lop

awww thanks! :D i love them both to bits! ye my lionhead also seems to have a mane on the back of her aswell, like around her legs where the bend is lol its so cute and she loves being groomed! :D

sparkle my lop is soo lazy he love just chilling out and loves cuddles where as buttons is a mad woman when shes out and about! lol

most lionheads do have fluffy bums hehe its called a skirt :D my lionhead Simba has one as well lol

Your Sparkle sounds adorable i love chilled out buns :love:

Your bunnies are absolutely gorgeous!! :love:
How old are they, and with them being a girl and a boy are they neutered?

well the shop said they were 10 weeks when i got them so about 3months old now, and no they havent been neutered yet but ive had no problems so far, i am planning on doing in but at the moment i havent got the money to do it? do you think it will be a huge problem though?

sophie x x

well the shop said they were 10 weeks when i got them so about 3months old now, and no they havent been neutered yet but ive had no problems so far, i am planning on doing in but at the moment i havent got the money to do it? do you think it will be a huge problem though?

sophie x x

Erm yes!! They'll breed!!

If the males testicles have dropped he can be neutered.

They need separating though if your not planning to neuter soon

Nicola

thing is, sparkle was meant to be a girl, but then i introduced "Her" to buttons and "she" decided to mount buttons, but since then they havent done it.

hence why sparkle is a boy with such a feminine name? lol

im soo cunfused! unless they are both females?

sophie x x

oo ps. separating wont be a problem though as i have a two story hutch so i could just block the hole between if thats the case.

thing is, sparkle was meant to be a girl, but then i introduced "Her" to buttons and "she" decided to mount buttons, but since then they havent done it.

hence why sparkle is a boy with such a feminine name? lol

im soo cunfused! unless they are both females?

sophie x x

Buns hump as a sign of dominence.

Have you turned them over and had a look? you'll see if their bits look different:lol:

Nicola

If their both females (if you're unsure pop them to the vets and they'll tell you) then you should spay them at around 5-6 months.

I had unspayed females living together as babies and spayed them all when they hit 6 months because they got very hormonal and would hump and fight.

Nicola

Hi Sophie.:wave: Welcome to the forum.When you take them to your vet to have a check and their vaccinations done he/she will be able to sex them for you. Either way, it's best to have them spayed and/or neutered. If they are both the same sex you may find that as their hormones kick in they may become very aggresssive with each other. If they are a male female then you are in danger of having an unwanted litter. Single sex buns will hump each other as a sign of dominance. Also, if they are girls you should be aware that unspayed girls have an 80% chance of uterine cancer.

It depends where you are in the country. In the South East it will probably cost about £40 for both vaccines (for one rabbit) and they are VERY important. VHD and Myxi are horrible diseases that need vaccinating against as there really is no cure for either and prognosis once caught is very poor. The vaccines need to be given around 10-14 days apart (so take them for one vaccine, then 10-14 days later take them back for the second vaccine).

A spay costs around £70 - bear in mind this is major surgery with several drugs involved which is why it may be more expensive than you think... but it's also REALLY important for the health and welfare of your bunnies. If one of them is a boy, then a castration costs about £50 (it's a simpler op than a spay). Rabbits need a bit of extra care after their operations (as would you after major surgery!), including being kept warm, giving them soft bedding rather than wood shavings or straw, and you need to make sure they're eating, drinking and pooping okay. :)

I would advise separating your bunnies now as if they are a boy and a girl they could breed. Alternatively, if you could get them to a vet today then they could confirm and if they are two girls there will be no need to separate. :)

They are both beautiful! :love:

AMETHYST

Last edited:
lovley buns snowey is a dobbled coated lion head

i would take them to the vets for a cheeck up it should cost around £20/£30 pounds but worth it to have no babys around

Welcome to the forum!!:wave: Your buns are really cute!! xx

Def pop them along to your local vet - if its too expensive you can take them to your local PDSA or RSPCA and they will help you treat them for free. They really need to be spayed/neutured as you don't want them breeding!! xx

thanks for all the advice, i shall be poping to the vets, i live in cardiff, wales and where i live is very out of the way in the country, called Pentyrch there is a small vets but i think its very expensive as its private.

but i shall see what i cn do! :D

thanks again!

sophie, sparkle and buttons! :D

Hi
If you havn't already done so, separate them until you know what sex they are, otherwise you may have an unexpected litter of bunnies. If you find they are both female, you can put them back in together and get them speyed once they are old enough. If they are female and male, they will need to be kept separate until they have been neutered. You must wait 6 weeks until after the male is neutered before putting them back together, as he can still get the female pregnant. Good luck at the vets, and please keep us updated on your beautiful bunsters. x

Back