• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

I've been planning my hoilday since January to go to Goa, and right from the start my sister was going to have my bunnies as she has one herself. However when she came round on saturday and saw the size of our new indoor cage (as i got a second bunnies a couple of months ago) she told me in won't fit in her kitchen. My mum and dad have said they will look after them for me, they have never had rabbits but have always had pets (dogs/cats). Bugys gave my mum the 'nudge' of approval demanding nose rubs of her! But they only saw the cute side of my bunnies not the naughty lets chew everything in sight side! I'm worried they will get annoyed and shout at them. I have explained that bunnies don't respond to this. I'm thinking about looking into boarding for the buns but don't want to offend my parents. My sister only lives round the corner so if they had any problems she is close by.

Sorry for long thread just they are my little babies and want to do whats best for them. Parents or boarding?!

Its a tough one. Do you think they would really be that offended if you put them in boarding?

You've got to think aswell, would they notice if one of them got ill? and take them to the vet asap?

You just to need to explain everything to them about bun care/print them off some info.

Nicola

I would always leave mine with my parents. Just leave them instructions and I am sure they will do fine :D I know my mum would never take risks with Busters health.

I went through everything they would need to do, and i will write it all down.
The problem with the vet is they live an hour away from my vets, but if needed they would.

Unfortunaly they would get offended! I never asked them they just told me they were having them. They are thinking about get rabbits themselfs and have done some research but to be honest who ever i leave them with i will worry. Also i don't know of any boarding places near me or how much this will cost. The resue i got my bun from does boarding if there is space but thats 70 miles from my home so getting them there and back might be a problem.

i think 70 miles is a pretty long way to take them, so perhaps your parents would be the best option

be upfront about the chewing - if they are going to get rabbits of their own, then they need to be able to deal with that anyway :D

make sure you give them as much info about bunnies, what to look for, checking their bums etc - and you can always ring them for an update :D

Back