• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Really worried :(, help appreciated *UPDATE*

Ozzy'sMummy

Alpha Buck
Ozzy seems to have gone really funny on me.

When I picked him up today he had a pooey bum, his testicles have retracted in and he feels thin. Also all his fur has come out above his tail and around that area and he seems to be grinding his teeth occasionally.

I'm really worried about him so am taking him to the vets first thing in the morning.

The only things that I can think that could have triggered it are he had his myxi last weds, had his teeth clipped for the first time on Saturday and also I have given him spring greens.

He is eating, weeing, drinking fine though.

I'm worried and confused :(

Last edited:
His pooey bum is just sticky and just not properly formed but it's not ceacels. His tummy seems fine and he is currently sat in a pile of hay happily munching (you see as he's eating i wouldn't normally panic but i can tell he's not quite himself). He was last wormed in April so not that long ago.

I use Grange Hill in Lichfield, tupperwarequeen. My mum works near so it's easiest :).

I don't know how to explain i took him somewhere else to have his teeth clipped and didn't tell them though... They'll be ok though won't they as I am only trying to do the best by him.

a lot of people on here have more than one vet that they use, it can be handy if you can't get in, I am sure the vet will understand ;) If you wanted to use one closer, I would definately recommend Toby at Stefan Smith (and he's a real dish too :oops: :oops: )

Course they will just say that's where he went for his teeth but you feel he is better cared for with them. Butter them up a bit:lol: :lol: Well I think itnprobs just has a stomach chill or something. Maybe even a little infection he will be fine I am sure.:D If his poo is semi formed and he has bin wormed, he is eating ok and weeing then I am sure everything is ok. You are doing all you can so let me know how he gets on in the morning.:D

I'll remember that lol :)

He is happily munching hay now so hopefully I am being an overprotective mum or it is something simple. His teeth have been done so surely it can't be that :S

XxXx

**update**

**Update**

I took Ozzy to the vets this morning at 9:40am. Lynne gave him a thorough checkover and found that he has got an infection in his mouth from where the Vet at PVC nicked his mouth while doing his teeth and also due to his teeth being funny and him having looseness yesterday an infection in his down below bits. She also pinched his skin on his back and it went down extremely slowly. He was put on a drip straight away and I was told to phone at 4:30pm.

I phoned at 4:30pm and went to pick him up at 17:50. He has perked up quite a bit and has been eating like a pig :lol:!! He has had a drip put in so has a sore leg but he decided to chew through the drip wire and had to have the rest put in subcutaneously. They also noticed when he was there that he was 'drinking' but on closer inspection he wasn't actually getting any at all. They tried him with 3 other bottles and he was the same with each so they gave him a bowl and drank two full large bowls in a matter of minutes!! They think because of his sore mouth he can't do it so he's got a bowl and a bottle now :).

He has now got to have a course of baytril, science recovery, pellets and lots of veggies and then a GA sometime in the future to check his teeth.

All of the above has been aggravated by him having his myxi, he was perfectly healthy last weds for it but obviously this infection has come on while he is becoming immune to myxi so not the best moment.

Another thing the vet is worried about is that maybe as he had lost weight and also is so dehydrated that maybe he has a kidney problem but she's hoping not.

Keep him in your thoughts!

XxXx

Did you use the pet vaccination clinic in Coventry? I thought they were usually quite good.

Yep it was Rebecca there. She clipped his teeth and obviously cut his gum :(. Don't get me wrong, I found her really nice and helpful but maybe having the teeth done without GA isn't the best way (but I did want to explore all ways of having his teeth done as I worry about frequent GA's). It may have been good aswell if she had checked for any cuts and unfortunately thinking back I don't think she checked well enough but as it was my first time taking him to have his teeth done like that I didn't realise :(. I feel awful about it now :cry:

Glad he is better now. These things happen and you got him to the vet as soon as you could. Get well soon Ozzy xxxxa

I'm sorry to hear your bun is not well and I hope he feels much better soon.

Just to add we use Rebecca most of the time for our dental buns and have never had a problem....

We have taken Ella to Rebecca and haven't had any problems so maybe it was a one off mistake. I know that won't make your poor bunny feel any better though :(

Back